Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Batman - Arkham City

Started by Custard, October 13, 2010, 01:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

Quote from: glitch on October 19, 2011, 02:58:25 PM
Where's the best place to preorder from? can't work out wether I should preorder and then buy all the DLC when everything's a bit cheaper. BF3/MW3 will be out soon, so I'm in no rush to get another game* I won't play until I'm bored of them.

* excluding SR3 of course :D

Which platform?

Johnny Textface

I ordered from Sainburies online, using code JSGANEW102011 - so got it for £30.39 with free delivery

madhair60

Does anyone know a good, cheap place to pre-order the Steam version?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: madhair60 on October 19, 2011, 03:51:58 PM
Does anyone know a good, cheap place to pre-order the Steam version?

As far as I know, it's just through Steam. A deal has been announced that if you've got  Arkham Asylum or Lego Batman through Steam, you can get 20% off the price. This subject is quite close to my heart and if I find out anything, I'll let you know!

glitch

Quote from: Ignatius_S on October 19, 2011, 03:03:12 PM
Which platform?

360. Looking for the best setup for preorder bonuses.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: glitch on October 19, 2011, 05:14:22 PM
360. Looking for the best setup for preorder bonuses.

Have a look at this round-up. The article also has pricing for Robin and Nightwing DLC.

I've noticed that with the Collector's Edition, all the blurb says that there is "early access" to the extra maps and Dark Knight skin - assume that will be the same with all the pre-order bonuses (and in this day and age, it'll be surprising if this wasn't the case).

pk1yen

Uurgh, I hate this aspect of DLC.

My OCD about getting the 'Complete game' is being torn to shreds with all this pre-order bonus malarky.

Are all the skins etc available for download as well ... or are they 'exclusive' to pre-ordering from certain shops? And what is the 'best' DLC, gameplay-wise to go for? Presumably the Joker Carnival map ... ?

Not that I actually have any money to pre-order the bloody thing anyway. I'm going to have to guilt-trip a lot of people this Xmas to get even a portion of the new games I want this year.

Seems an oddly rich Christmas for games, actually. The first year I have no bloody money, too.
(MW3, Zelda, Skyrim, Batman, Halo Anniversary) - urgh. And I still haven't completed Deus Ex, or even started LA Noire yet! I'm scared of looking up anything about Battlefield, in case I like it too much.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: pk1yen on October 20, 2011, 12:22:37 PM
...Are all the skins etc available for download as well ... or are they 'exclusive' to pre-ordering from certain shops? And what is the 'best' DLC, gameplay-wise to go for? Presumably the Joker Carnival map ... ?...

The Batman Skins pack is being advertised in the States for $4.99 with a 6 December release date. The Robin one (which Game and Gamestation are offering as a pre-order bonus) will be available as a download from 22 November, priced £5.49.

In terms of gameplay, until everything comes out, it's going to be hard to say but I suspect the Catwoman DLC will offer the most as it's reported to have four story-based missions.

EFB

According to the IGN review, if you are going to get the catwoman stuff, download it before you start playing because it changes the opening story.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: EFB on October 20, 2011, 02:06:08 PM
According to the IGN review, if you are going to get the catwoman stuff, download it before you start playing because it changes the opening story.

True fans would want to play both!

EFB

Quote from: Ignatius_S on October 20, 2011, 02:20:07 PM
True fans would want to play both!

That's just doubled the length of the game! Genius!

My catwoman steel box edition is currently about 70 miles away in a sorting office.

glitch

Think I'm going to sit this one out and pick up all the DLC in one go (when I'm bored of MW3/BF3/SR3) but thanks for the links.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: EFB on October 20, 2011, 05:17:29 PM
That's just doubled the length of the game! Genius!

My catwoman steel box edition is currently about 70 miles away in a sorting office.

I'm all about being a cheapskate getting value for money! In one review I've now read, it says that all versions have Catwoman story missions - so what I posted earlier might be wrong about extra story missions.

Quote from: glitch on October 20, 2011, 10:21:00 PM
Think I'm going to sit this one out and pick up all the DLC in one go (when I'm bored of MW3/BF3/SR3) but thanks for the links.

A pleasure - and sounds like you have a fair bit to be going on with first!

EFB

I'M BATMAN!

This is fuckin ace.

mycroft

It really fucking is. I'm totally going to drop out of the shadows and fuck your shit right up just for fun because I'm the fucking Batman you slaaaaag! Also having massive fun as RFH-monster Catwoman.

(still not swayed over the Cockney Penguin, that's my sole gripe.)

mycroft

I keep on expecting Scarecrow to pop up. Says a lot about his affect on me in the previous game that I'm in constant worrying about his return. That big straw paranoia-inducing bugger.

Mind you,
Spoiler alert
Ra's al Ghul and Mad Hatter have been doing their bit on the trippy hallucination front so far
[close]

EFB

Quote from: mycroft on October 23, 2011, 03:33:36 PM
Mind you,
Spoiler alert
Ra's al Ghul and Mad Hatter have been doing their bit on the trippy hallucination front so far
[close]

I'm just about to go down some tunnel or other to find
Spoiler alert
Ra's
[close]

wasp_f15ting

I am 85% complete of the main story so.. I am going to stop completely and play the side missions to death. This game is so lovely to look at..
Cat woman is rather lovely to look at.. I am hoping they release a ton of missions for her.

EFB

I'm doing the AR side missions at the moment. Someone said that doing them gives you more gadgets and makes it easier to get around the city.

Spiteface

Only just started this[nb]Dead Rising 2: Off the Record has been monpolising my gaming time for the past week+, will be playing the fuck out of Sandbox mode once I've finished Arkham City though.[/nb], but I agree with wasp_f15ting. This game looks effing beautiful.

Gameplay wise what little I've played thus far, is pretty much Arkham Asylum, which is still a good thing.

Spiteface

I hate Mister Freeze.

I would make a terrible Batman.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Spiteface on October 27, 2011, 04:34:21 PM
I hate Mister Freeze.

I would make a terrible Batman.

I'd imagine Batman's none too fond of him either.

EFB

I'm fighting freeze at the moment. Fuck him.

mycroft

Finished the main plot on Tuesday, now clearing up the side-cases and tracking Riddler trophies. I'm even having dreams about throwing batarangs at neon question-marks.

EDIT - also, are people having that much trouble with Freeze? Took me three attempts, although I was playing on normal difficulty and not hard.

EFB

Quote from: mycroft on October 27, 2011, 08:13:40 PM
EDIT - also, are people having that much trouble with Freeze? Took me three attempts, although I was playing on normal difficulty and not hard.

I am, but I'm not a gamer by any standards. Mario on the Wii is usually my limit.

Angst in my Pants

Presumably you've all seen the trailer for the Nightwing DLC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzCmZXfnv6Q
Oh yes.

Little Hoover

I think I've had more fun playing as Catwoman, climbing up huge buildings at such speeds is so much fun, more fun than just waiting for the grapple hook to do the job. I'm going to feel a real disconnect when Assassin's Creed Revelations come's around, I want to guide Catwoman through those levels.

Spiteface

Finished the main story yesterday.  I think the best bit is during the credits, when
Spoiler alert
Joker leaves a voicemail message of him singing "Only You". Mark Hamill is the Joker to me, I'm gonna miss him doing the voice.
[close]

I thought the story mode was a bit short, If I'm honest. Having all the side missions and such is fine, but I'd have preferred a longer story.  Still an awesome game though.

mycroft

Yeah, I felt the same when I finished it. Maybe they could have made it so
Spoiler alert
you had to take out Deadshot and Zsasz, for example, before being able to progress plotwise
[close]

As for the credits, I stupidly skipped them and missed that bit. Looking at it now I also see that
Spoiler alert
Harley is singing to a baby, a pregnancy testing kit having been found next to her outfit from the previous game in the foreman's office at the steel works. Sequel ahoy.
[close]

bitesize

i finished it yesterday too, was very surprised to see it ending where it did. not in terms of the actual amount of hours i've put in (no idea, don't think there's a counter anywhere?) but just cos my 'amount of game completed' counter was at like 40%. but i guess there's a ton of side story stuff still to do in there... didn't do much of that stuff cos it usually had some sense of urgency pushing me towards the next story bit. just finished the post-ending Catwoman bit so will go back + mop up some side quests next... seems to me like the main story was way shorter than Arkham Asylum's main story tho.

as for the ending itself - HOLY FUCKING MOLY!
Spoiler alert
they can't do that can they? i guess the games are taking place outside of proper Batman continuity then?? Did Ra's Al Ghul and Talia both get snuffed at the end as well as the Joker? brutal!
[close]