Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

40 years of the Goodies - a cartoon celebration

Started by Nelson Swillie, October 13, 2010, 04:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelson Swillie

Caricatures are not my strong point, so if you recognised Tony Blackburn and Nicholas Parsons without reading this bit, good for you.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Is that Dougal in the background?  Look at his big shiny nose! 

Nelson Swillie

That huge Dougal scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, and it was the first thing you saw at the start of every episode (after 1975, anyway)...so by drawing Dougal I'm coming to terms with my own demons.

Serge

Quote from: Nelson Swillie on October 13, 2010, 05:40:42 PMThat huge Dougal scared the crap out of me when I was a kid

Ha! Same here. The Daleks never bothered me once[nb]EDIT: Actually, I've just remembered they did, once, but that's for another thread.[/nb], but an oversized version of a loveable cartoon character freaked me the fuck out.

babyshambler

Glebe

Yep, very nice. Good to see Dougal taking pride of place, too.

Nelson Swillie

"I just remember that giant white cat climbing up the Post Office Tower...very good, Bill! Comedy classic!"

Nelson Swillie

I got a letter from Tim Brooke-Taylor this morning thanking me for the artwork and saying he had no trouble identifying Alfie Bass. Which was nice.