Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:07:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Film 2010

Started by clingfilm portent, October 13, 2010, 11:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

QuoteActually who is that gay guy who reviews cannes films on bbc news 24 at 4 in the morning? He was bloody good..

Tom Brook?

What's gay about him?

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 03, 2010, 02:25:12 PM
Tom Brook?

What's gay about him?

Thats him, dunno why I thought he was gay.. childishly to me I just assumed he was..

babyshambler

Maybe he chose to sit there for that photo so there would be a lovely male arse in shot behind him. A homosexual mise en scene.

boxofslice

Watched last night's which was the first time since the first one went out.  It hasn't improved.  The reviews feel flat with no enthusiasm or depth, the piece about Steve McQueen added nothing to what anybody already knows about him and the top five Rubik's Cube moments with that 12 year old  - awful.  Again Claudia let it be known it was going out live but there seemed to be no audience participation from their previously announced Twitter page - either no-one can be bothered or all comments are of the negative variety.  I'm thinking it's the latter.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: boxofslice on November 04, 2010, 02:57:04 PM
the top five Rubik's Cube moments with that 12 year old  - awful.

That's where I turned off. Not that it hadn't been irritating up to that point. Silverspoon seemed so desperate to appear passionate – constantly restating her love for this or that – but for that very reason it came off as deeply insincere, like her opinions are fed to her by researchers all day and she forgets them the second the show's wrapped. She just doesn't belong there at all.

Oh, and the other guy was just a dick. Constructive critique there for you all.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I was also under the impression the above camp bald moustachioed arts correspondent was gay for men.

remedial_gash

Shit! Someone mentioned Chris Price - what a tragedy that I forgot he was dead... he had such potential, a pity that bbc choice lasted longer than he did.

Cunting fuck! I'm really vexed now...  Even Cousins would be preferable to the shower of shit currently chucked up on the beeb's premier film show. I miss Mr Cox, who introduced me to a number of acebest films.

A ranting pissed Gash
x

The Roofdog

Whatever happened to Mark Cousins? He was OK, but his voice annoyed the fuck out of me.

Ignatius_S

Yup, definite shame about Price.

Quote from: The Roofdog on November 09, 2010, 03:51:45 PM
Whatever happened to Mark Cousins? He was OK, but his voice annoyed the fuck out of me.
He's actually moved more into making documentaries. I have been meaning to read some of his stuff as I've been told he's very good in print. I never thought he was any cop in Moviedrome (although he did get better) as there were too many introductions like the one to Scarface, which he basically said 'the first time I saw it, I didn't like it but then a friend explained to me why it was a good friend and the next time I saw it, it was brilliant.' I'm a bit biased though as the film selections were a wee bit more conventional after he took over.

The shows where Cousins interviewed people were pretty good - basically, he was canny enough to know just to prompt enough to keep things moving and I thought he was pretty decent with this.

lipsink

What happened? You could hear someone saying 'fuck' over the 2 main presenters talking and they apologised for it just now.

BlodwynPig

Moviedrome, that was the one hosted by Alex Cox. Certainly shaped my viewing landscape

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: lipsink on November 09, 2010, 11:07:42 PM
What happened? You could hear someone saying 'fuck' over the 2 main presenters talking and they apologised for it just now.

HAHAHA!

Someone else noticed. I'm so glad someone else noticed.

What the fuck was that? The voices seemed to realise they were on air and freeze....or at least that's how I remember it.

chand

It was Grace Dent, wasn't it?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: chand on November 10, 2010, 10:56:49 AM
It was Grace Dent, wasn't it?

If it contributes to her never appearring on TV again, I'm going to go with Yes.

lipsink

It sounded like they were criticising the VT thing they were showing before. Someone said "Who gives a fuck (something) (something)..."

I take it it's not on iPlayer.

You'd never get this in the Barry Norman era, would you? Well, apart from the time he called Woody Allen a " fucking spazmanoid cuntflap".

Dead kate moss

'Are you scared of his fans? And it's like no, I don't give a fuck about a load of little...'

Someone in the crew is shagging some boy band member or maybe someone off Hollyoaks. Or Alan Titchmarse.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It was Grace Dent. I wonder whose fans she doesn't give a fuck about? Barry Norman's?

lipsink

Winkleman seemed to jokingly refer to it when she introduced Dent and said something like: "I'm so glad you're here..."

Is there any Review show on movies that is in a similar vein to Consolevania / The Angry Videogame Nerd?

The Roofdog

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on November 10, 2010, 02:23:40 PM
It was Grace Dent. I wonder whose fans she doesn't give a fuck about? Barry Norman's?

"...I don't give a fuck about spicy pickled onion juice chucked directly into my eyes"

is how that sentence ended, I can exclusively reveal.

I think Dent was talking about Brooker fans being annoyed she'd taken over his TV column.

wasp_f15ting

Grace Dent is the ugliest cunt on the planet fact..

Spade faced bitch.. I don't know why I hate her so much, I think its all based of an episode of that tv show the brooker did but she made a comment that made me want to stab her brain repeatedly..

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hah, yes, that was horrible. Wasn't she on The Culture Show too? Her affectatious clasping of a white wine spritzer in all her pieces-to-camera while blithering on about fucking Eastenders just brought on the sort of violent thoughts you could do without on an evening.

It think it's the fact she's so massive and man-ish, it even gives you the physical impression she won't just go away. Like those noisy girls at school who were described as 'larger than life' afterwards, when everyone actually means 'a bitch'.

Uncle TechTip

Grace Dent is taking over Screenburn. I'd watch what you say about TV on here as it may well end up in a column near you.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on November 13, 2010, 10:52:53 AM

Spade faced bitch.. I don't know why I hate her so much, I think its all based of an episode of that tv show the brooker did but she made a comment that made me want to stab her brain repeatedly..
So in that sense, perfectly placed to take over from Brooker.

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on November 13, 2010, 10:52:53 AM

Spade faced bitch.

Quality criticism there.

Tiny Poster

Yeah, she should get back in the kitchen where she belongs.

Little Hoover

I don't know why there's this perception of internet forums being very chauvinistic, male-dominated places.