Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Film 2010

Started by clingfilm portent, October 13, 2010, 11:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Poet

I don't know about anyone else but for me, this has really discovered its rhythm. Claudia's enthusiasm for the job and Danny Leigh's knowledge of / taste in films plus the fact that two people discussing films is always better than one have made this a really watchable show.  The old format felt archaic and since they've dropped some of the gimmicky stuff from early on and simply  focused on films and the issues surrounding them (this week there was a piece on film classification) it's really come into its own. They've had other critics on like Peter Bradshaw from the Guardian and to their credit, have absolutely not neglected old films so in terms of a popular television programme that gives you a good idea regarding what's worth seeing at the moment, it does exactly what it should and is fun to watch as well.

Cohaagen

Yet again this horrible programme just featured a pointless list segment where they managed to spoil the ending of at least two great films while failing to give any analyses or information that couldn't be got from a thumbnail caption in TV Quick. These fucking wankers are almost as bad as those Channel 4 Top 100 shows for spoilers.