Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Uncomfortably sexual moments in children's films (and T.V.)

Started by Jumble Cashback, October 20, 2010, 11:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumble Cashback

There must be a million of these.  You go and see some film at the pictures, hundreds of kids in the cinema (you may be one of them) and suddenly a scene like this comes on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhG9hKiplfQ

All the kids sit there confused and uncomfortable, the parents go quiet and squirm in their seats.  I find it tends to spoil the fun a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude - I like a good grumble pic as much as the next fellow, but in kids' films, sexual stuff always feels a bit awkward and unpleasant.

Jemble Fred

I remember the very obviously rapey behaviour of the villain in the Hunchback of Notre Dame being the best thing about the film – I was hugely iumpressed that Disney had let such sexualised material reach the cinema screen.

Who's gong to be the first to post the knockers from The Rescuers Down Under then?

Ginyard

Quote from: Jumble Cashback on October 20, 2010, 11:25:07 AM
Beauty and the beast clip

I don't care when it comes to that film. That's one of my favourite animation songs, its bloody excellent. The bit when he sings about spitting cracks me up everytime. Its not like he gets his Disney dick out or anything.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Jumble Cashback on October 20, 2010, 11:25:07 AMBeauty and the Beast clip.

I don't get it.  Is it just the "every last inch of me's covered in hair" line?  Or is there some other lyric or subtext that I've missed?  'cos I'm confused.

Good idea for a thread, though.

Jumble Cashback

Oh come on!  That bit about his neck!  The whole thing is rife with sexual subtext.  Maybe I should've actually watched it again before I posted it...   Hmmm....

madhair60

The forced, awkward "adult humour" in the Shrek movies, like Lord Fuckwad (LOL!!!11) peering under the bedclothes at his erection.

I fucking hate Shrek.

Jemble Fred

Can we have a 'fantastic sexual moments in children's films (and T.V.)' thread, please? I want to talk about The Queen's Nose.

madhair60

Good idea, then we can talk about The Road to El Dorado.

Jumble Cashback

I don't remember the sexual moments in The Queen's Nose.  Elucidate.

Consignia

Quote from: Jumble Cashback on October 20, 2010, 12:59:56 PM
I don't remember the sexual moments in The Queen's Nose.  Elucidate.

Rubbing The Queen's Nose was a euphemism for female masturbation. Don't forget the side of the coin that needed to be rubbed showed a female hand compared to the rest of the coin which had male hands. The wish granted was analogous to orgasm.

Full of filthy sub-text that book.

Jumble Cashback

Ah.  That didn't really come across in the T.V. series.  I do remember when she wished her family was completely different, though.  As usual it came with 'be careful what you wish for' repercussions - in this instance, she found out how horrible it would be if her family were working class.  Good old CBBC.

Jemble Fred

It was more to do with the main character's big sister wandering around in a bikini all the time, on Sunday morning TV.

Mister Six

Quote from: Jumble Cashback on October 20, 2010, 12:00:53 PM
Oh come on!  That bit about his neck!  The whole thing is rife with sexual subtext.  Maybe I should've actually watched it again before I posted it...   Hmmm....

Whaaaaaat? No, sorry. You've just got a filthy mind.

Still Not George

Every time Cerrie Burnell appears on CBeebies I get a little uncomfortable around the trouser area.

madhair60

Consignia

Wait, is this comfortable or uncomfortable moments thread now?

SavageHedgehog

It seems quite amazing to me that Terry Jones was surprised and disappointed that a film that opened with a rape scene wasn't eligable for a PG certificate.

EddyWhore

Lea Thompson's, in her underwear, attempting to seduce "Howard The Duck" in the eponymous film.  It made the 8 year old feel warm in a way that was new and unfamiliar.  I rewatched it again recently, and I was shocked by just how horny the scene is. Except for the duck. . .

Quote from: EddyWhore on October 22, 2010, 08:34:46 PM
Lea Thompson's, in her underwear, attempting to seduce "Howard The Duck" in the eponymous film.  It made the 8 year old feel warm in a way that was new and unfamiliar.  I rewatched it again recently, and I was shocked by just how horny the scene is. Except for the duck. . .

Is that the scene with her in silhouette? I have only hazy memories of Howard the Duck but I do remember at one point it gave me the horn despite being, like you probably around 8. Maybe I should watch it again.

EddyWhore

Most of it isn't silhouette, that's the thing. The uk version might have been slightly censored.

sirhenry

But interspecies sex was always an unspoken undercurrent in the comic, massively hinted at but not allowed to be mentioned. It surprised me (not being 8 at the time) that there weren't more innuendos in the film.

Marty McFly

Quote from: EddyWhore on October 22, 2010, 10:11:12 PM
Most of it isn't silhouette, that's the thing. The uk version might have been slightly censored.

If IMDB's taught me anything, it's that the only censored parts of Howard The Duck were:

-Howard having a condom in his wallet
-Jeffrey Jones putting his tongue in a car cigarette lighter socket

Scenes of human-seducing-duck were not cut

EddyWhore

Wow. For some reason I have a newfound respect for the BBFC.

alan nagsworth

Ursula's heaving titty cleavage in The Little Mermaid. Always made me feel weirdly excited when I was a kid, and I could never quite work out why.

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 23, 2010, 03:32:56 PM
Ursula's heaving titty cleavage in The Little Mermaid.

'And don't underestimate the power of THE BODDDDY LANGUAAAAGE - HAH!'

Marty McFly

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 23, 2010, 03:32:56 PM
Ursula's heaving titty cleavage in The Little Mermaid. Always made me feel weirdly excited when I was a kid, and I could never quite work out why.

I bet you enjoyed watching Grotbags too

placeholder

I remember loving "My Name Is Tallulah" when I was little.