Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Duets

Started by mayer, May 18, 2004, 02:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

it's not all David Bowie & Bing Crosby or David Bowie & Tina Turner.... there are lovlies like Lee & Nancy and others.

i'll be hitting you cats with two duets a day till i run out of good ones and am forced into using the Grease soundtrack. feel free to add your own and say that the ones i've chosen are rubbish.

Nicky & Kylie - Where The Wild Roses Grow

Morrissey & Siouxie - Interlude (Single Version)

mrpants

I like that Nick Cave/ Kylie duet although apparently all the *real* Cave fans are supposed to hate it, so I suppose it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

elderford

Android funster Gary Numan and Shakattack's whatever his name is Sharpe, did a couple of monster hit albums in the early 80s.

See if you can work out which one is Numan:

lazyhour

The best duet ever is obviously (smog)'s Truth Serum from off of his Supper album.  He managed to find an exact female copy of himself to sing it with him!

No, seriously, it's ace.

Her: Well then, what is love?
Him: Love is an object kept in an empty box
Her: How can something be in an empty box?
Him: Well ...Give me another shot

mr rou-rou

and there was me thinking it was Nick Cave dueting with Lydia Lunch on Some Velvet Morning.

I'm strugglng to think of any.

erm, Bob Dylan and Joan Baez.

Serge Gainsbourg with Brigitte Bardot or Jane Birkin

nope, can't think of any more other than pop ones

mayer

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"and there was me thinking it was Nick Cave dueting with Lydia Lunch on Some Velvet Morning.

it did say that on some mp3s knocking about, but i think it isn't. confusion arising from the fact that the Birthday Party worked with her on that LP.

i may, of course, be wrong.

fanny splendid

mayer

Quote from: "fanny splendid"tunes

cheers fanny, i especially liked the Slowdive version (and am at a loss as to why Richey Edwards said that "we hate Slowdive more than Hitler"),

and i promise that tonight i'll pop up the best duet ever.

mayer

Quote from: "mayer"
and i promise that tonight i'll pop up the best duet ever.

don't say i don't keep my promises

Joey Ramone & Ronnie Spector - You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

a Johnny Thunders cover

Paaaaul

Thanks for the Ramone/Spector choon. I think I love you :()

chand

Quote from: "mayer"(and am at a loss as to why Richey Edwards said that "we hate Slowdive more than Hitler")

Because he was a gobshite.

mayer

Quote from: "chand"
Quote from: "mayer"(and am at a loss as to why Richey Edwards said that "we hate Slowdive more than Hitler")

pretty much a spot-on diagnosis.

i remember in my band when we were planning future interviews, trying to be controversial, yet honest;

"we hate the Stereophonics, though not as much as we hate Hitler", and so on.

Peking O

Quote from: "chand"

I think you have to realise what the musical climate in Britain was like at that time. Loads of very dull public school boys chained to guitars and staring at the floor. It was one of the most uninspiring times in music...well, ever really. I mean, Chapterhouse were being hailed as some kind of second coming, that's pretty desperate. I love Richie, MSP were never the same after he was gone.

lazyhour

Quote from: "Peking O"I love Richie

Proof there that you clearly don't love him enough.

Sorry.

mayer

first off.. i love the manics, i have all the albums (bar Forever Delayed), have seen them live on average once a year since 1996, i adore some of their music, especially THB, but too much revisionist wank there for my liking....

Quote from: "Peking O"I think you have to realise what the musical climate in Britain was like at that time.

bollocks, Slowdive were hardly Yes and the Manics were hardly the Sex Pistols.... etc.

Quote from: "Peking O"It was one of the most uninspiring times in music...well, ever really.

My Bloody Valentine
Public Enemy
Primal Scream
Nirvana
Snoop & Dre
Pixies
Spacemen 3
Bowie back on form
Blur
The Stone Roses
The Flaming Lips
Pulp
Morrissey
New Order

oh, and Richey clearly was a gobshite, only outmatched in the gobshite stakes by Nicky "i've got a politics degree" Wire

Quote from: "Peking O"MSP were never the same after he was gone.

and that's about as controversial as saying "i don't like that George Bush y'know". well duh.

mayer

i'm too lazy and tipsy to think of some brilliant rare stuff, so you'll take what you're given

Electric Six feat Jack White - Danger (High Voltage!)

Drugstore feat. Thom Yorke - El President

gazzyk1ns

Hehe Meatloaf and... er... some woman - Paradise By The Dashboard light.

I will host it later, when I can be bothered... if you can seek it out though, then do.

mayer

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Hehe Meatloaf and... er... some woman - Paradise By The Dashboard light.

heh, jesus.

i was singing that very song along with my drunk scottish girl flatmates last weekend, top volume.

and i fucking hate meatloaf.

(we could stick the whole of that Meatloaf & Friends CD here)

PJ Harvey and Thom Yorke: "This Mess We're In"

Bjork and Thom Yorke: "I Have Seen It All"

PJ Harvey and Josh Homme: "Crawl Home"

dan dirty ape

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell- You're All I Need To Get By
It's a fackin' ber-yoo-tee.