Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

World's First HDR Video

Started by Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, October 21, 2010, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

http://vimeo.com/14821961

Looks very film like, a bit of fuzziness in the darker areas aside. Could this be the beginning of the end for celluloid that's been threatened for the last decade or so?

AsparagusTrevor

Looks really nice, and detailed. The bloke looks kind of unnatural but it's a nice stylistic effect nonetheless.

Dunno if I'm being really dumb here, but since two cameras can't occupy the same area how do they film the same thing with two cameras without each exposure pass being offset slightly, much like a 3D camera?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

They used a beam splitter - a sort of prism, I think - connected to a single lens.

AsparagusTrevor

Viero_Berlotti

HDR is fun to play around with but for me it always ends up making everything look bit too over processed and shiny. It looks like how I'd imagine advertising executives, or people that work at Google, might permanently see the world, if that makes any sense.