Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Scenes which don't exist but which would have ruined a film had they been put in

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, October 25, 2010, 09:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa's Boyfriend

...such as the swamp monster attack in 2001 A Space Oddessey, or the big musical tap dancing number at the end of Schindler's List.[nb]I think this meme may have run its course[/nb]

BlodwynPig

Deckard ordering a McCheeseburger at a McDonalds drive-thru in Bladerunner

Jemble Fred

The bit at the end of The Never Ending Story when the kid reaches the Acknowledgements, Index, and 'Also By This Author' section.

AsparagusTrevor

The deleted scene from Memento where Leonard gets all his tattoos lasered off for a laugh.

Joy Nktonga

The bit at the end of The Shining where Wendy and Danny have fun chucking snowballs at Jack's frozen body and turn him into a snowman complete with dead Dick's hat and scarf.

Desi Rascal

The bit at the end of the usual suspects where Kevin Spacey hides in a janitors closet before going "Nah, you got me" and 'fessing up

The scene in Annie Hall were Woody Allen finishes a piece to camera by slowly and steadily moving closer and closer towards the viewer, until his forehead is pushed up against the lense and his eyes bore through the screen at you. His heavy breathing causing condensation to form, engulfing the whole frame as he indistinctly mouthes one word repeatedly. Some people imagine he's mouthing their name. It's since been theorised that the whole sequence is a purposefully satirical, if misguided and unnerving, joke aimed at his fans who stop him in the street thinking, because of his on-screen persona, they're somehow friends. Or even at his counter-culture fanbase who may watch the film high and be freaked out by Allen suddenly speaking directly to them. Others say he's mouthing 'Zion'; they also say his breath mists the lense in exactly the same shape formed by the smoke from the twin towers...

Woody refuses to discuss it.