Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] Audio Mastering

Started by @ssmaster, May 18, 2004, 03:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

I'm looking at getting into some audio mastering and have been using Sound Forge which has given me mixed results.

I was going to give Wavelab a try and was wondering

A. is it any better than Soundforge?

B. Does anyone know of any online tutorials for Wavelab or specifically audio mastering for Soundforge?

At the moment I'm just mucking around in Soundforge and not knowing really what I am doing.

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Well, apparently, a lot of main studios that use Pro Tools, actually use Samplitude to master their tracks down as it use one of the best algorithms around. To be fair though, most software packages will suffice as the majority of the applications to master the stuff down are utilise the plugins. The Waves diamond pack is a corker and basically has all the mastering tools you'll ever need and more. Mind, T-Racks is meant to be pretty damn good at the moment though too but I haven't used that for a couple of years.

As for the tutorials, you could always download the manual and go through that, although to be fair, Wavelab must be pretty intuitive because even I know my way around it. Give us a shout if you need any help.

Gazeuse

I master all my stuff with a tc Finalizer 96k which I can thoroughly recommend as a dedicated hardware solution.