Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Dark Knight Rises

Started by confettiinmyhair, October 27, 2010, 08:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

Perhaps Nolan will use the 'Crazy Quilt'!

Tiny Poster

Quote from: mjwilson on November 14, 2010, 08:17:57 PM
As a non-comics expert, and judging just by the name, "Calendar Man" sounds really, really shit.

Accurately parodied in The Venture Brothers as Mr. Monday - a villain obsessed with Mondays.

wheatgod

No love for Animal Vegetable Mineral Man?

kidsick5000

Quote from: wheatgod on November 15, 2010, 11:06:35 PM
No love for Animal Vegetable Mineral Man?

I do have now. He looks awesome.
Makes modern comics look very boring by comparison

AsparagusTrevor

But is he bigger than a breadbox?

Ja'moke

mrlizard

Why not have Joker in it, but played by Bale? Basically, Batman/Bruce starts the film in a bad way as the public are against him and he's still rattled by what happened in TDK. In fact, he hasn't been Batman for a while and Gotham's gone to shit. He's also having these visions/dreams of The Joker, but it's actually Bruce in the make-up, playing on the duality between Batman and The Joker. Are Batman and The Joker the same? What doesn't make Batman another loon?

Add Catwoman, playing off her ambiguity (she could be seen as a hero at first when she steals from some criminals or something), but only Bruce knows that Catwoman is in cahoots with (INSERT VILLAIN) and Batman has a reason to come back.

I have no idea who the other villain could be though. Talia Al Ghul for a bit of symmetry with Begins? Harley Quinn, therefore freaking Batman out further when he first sees her?

Either way, I'm sure Nolan will pull it off.

Mister Six

Fuck, it's bad enough with Bale doing one silly voice. I don't want him doing The Joker as well.

Jemble Fred

Yeah, if anyone was ever going to take over the Joker for this franchise they'd definitely have to be a good actor.

Alberon

I thought the title was a bit bland. Since this seems to be intended to be the last of this current cycle of Batman films why not go the whole hog and call it "Death of the Dark Knight", coz surely that's where the last two films have been heading?

Mister Six

Eh? Have they? To me it looks like they've been heading towards setting up the status quo of the comics. BB was about Wayne doing the Year One schtick. TDK was about him toying with the idea of giving up being Batman but eventually deciding to make a go of it. And this one, presumably, is about him taking the 'Gotham protector' crown for himself and becoming a Big Damn Hero.

lipsink

Well, Dent said "Whoever this Batman is, he doesn't want to do it forever." and "The night is darkest just before the dawn and the dawn is coming". A lot of TDK suggested Batman wasn't a long term thing and he tried to tell Rachel that Batman was ending soon. However, I reckon the next film will end with him continuing as Batman and the freaks are still out there but  Bruce Wayne has reached some sort of closure realising he is (cue triumphant music) both Wayne and the Batman and coming to terms with Rachel's death. Nolan said it would end the story and that's what he's probably on about. It would be a nice wee ending if Gordon tells him the Joker has escaped and Batman runs off into the night, yeah setting up the status quo of the comics.

Mister Six

Quote from: lipsink on November 22, 2010, 11:23:53 AM
Well, Dent said "Whoever this Batman is, he doesn't want to do it forever." and "The night is darkest just before the dawn and the dawn is coming". A lot of TDK suggested Batman wasn't a long term thing and he tried to tell Rachel that Batman was ending soon. However, I reckon the next film will end with him continuing as Batman and the freaks are still out there but  Bruce Wayne has reached some sort of closure realising he is (cue triumphant music) both Wayne and the Batman and coming to terms with Rachel's death.

Aside from the 'Rachel's death' thing that's exactly what happened at the end of TDK. Presumably Rises will be about him going from an enemy of the police and people to a triumphant (but still scary) hero.

Then they can skip ahead 30 years and do The Dark Knight Returns.

VegaLA

Cat, pigeons!

Aparantly a Mr. Nolan has yet to confirm the new title.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18786/three-more-dark-knight-rises-rumors

Oh and some casting rumours too.

Jones The Bond

So Dent is definitely not in it.

That's my theory scuppered then.  Bloody Nolan.

Dead kate moss

I got an invitation to apply to be an extra, and it said Angelina Jolie was playing Catwoman. They may well not know what they are talking about though.

VegaLA

Following on from the thread in the gaming area, another
Spoiler alert
Dr. Hugo strange
[close]
rumour has surfaced.

Possible spoilage:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18936/news-shorts-december-15th-2010-volume-two

boxofslice

mycroft

Interesting. As is the mess all over my chair, laptop, ceiling and the house across the road.

Glebe

I don't know much about Bane, but a more realistic take on Catwoman would be great... I imagine her as being like one of the (pun intended) 'copycat' vigilantes inspired by Batman in TDK... except she can kick ass like Batman (and doesn't wear hockey pants).

CaledonianGonzo

lipsink

Wow! They're two quite fantastical villains (well, maybe not compared to Freeze or Poison Ivy) so it'll be interesting to see the realistic approach to them. Catwoman is a perfect progression for the third film, what with Rachel gone and the copycat route being explored further.

Ja'moke

I assume they'll return Bane to his roots, where he was a highly intelligent, master strategist, as well as a beef-cake. Rather than a grunting, brain-dead, jacked-up neandrathal like in Batman and Robin.

Mister Six

Quote from: lipsink on January 19, 2011, 06:50:59 PM
Wow! They're two quite fantastical villains (well, maybe not compared to Freeze or Poison Ivy) so it'll be interesting to see the realistic approach to them. Catwoman is a perfect progression for the third film, what with Rachel gone and the copycat route being explored further.

Yeah, definitely (like the copycat/Catwoman connection - didn't occur to me). It works thematically, too: the first film was about Wayne taking on the Batman mantle as a way to tackle a specific problem; the second was about him toying with the idea of giving up his alter-ego but committing to it fully after losing Rachel; and now, with the addition of a love interest who exists entirely in the superhero world, the story will probably be about him making the mental switch from being Bruce Wayne (the guy who dresses up as Batman) to Batman (the superhero who dresses up as Bruce Wayne).

biggytitbo

This film would be a lot better if one of the villains was a bear.

AsparagusTrevor

This film would be a lot better if Anne Hathaway was bare.

biggytitbo

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 19, 2011, 08:19:47 PM
This film would be a lot better if Anne Hathaway was bare.
She's always bare these days. Put em away love.

AsparagusTrevor

I'm quite happy with the fact, thank you.

biggytitbo

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 19, 2011, 08:36:46 PM
I'm quite happy with the fact, thank you.
What you'd like it if she was bare all the time? She goes to the shops nude and does an interview nude and puts the bins out nude? I think after a few days I't pall if I'm honest with myself.

Glebe

I'm sure I recall him in the dire B+R, going by CaledonianGonzo's pic... sure Nolan's going to stear well clear of that interpretation in any case. According to the bio on Wiki, he's actually meant to be pretty intelligent... also mentions that he has a photographic memory and discovers Batman's identity in one of the comic series - as does Hugo Strange? I imagine that'll angle will be played up in the film.