Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Dark Knight Rises

Started by confettiinmyhair, October 27, 2010, 08:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 13, 2013, 11:54:22 PM
don't know about Oscars.

Surprised you didn't know already:

Quote from: Glebe on January 11, 2013, 10:38:15 AM
Not a single Oscar nom, not even for FX work.

Noodle Lizard

That's weird.  Usually they don't snub something as big as this unless there's been an industry falling-out with someone.  Maybe Christopher Nolan pissed someone off.

chocky909

Do many sequels get awards? They ignored the LOTR films til,the 3rd one. I assume they consider Rises as just 'more of the same'.

Dead kate moss

What Academy Awards does anyone think it deserved? Even for FX, tell me what was so good, I don't remember anything great. Certainly The Avengers, for one, pissed all over it in that department. Is there an Oscar for Stupidest Prison?

gmoney

Best Comic Actor Playing a Straight Role as a Doctor For Two Minutes of Screen Time

Nuclear Optimism

Quote from: Dead kate moss on January 14, 2013, 01:23:54 AM
What Academy Awards does anyone think it deserved?

Cinematography. At least a nom. I liked the music too.

Costumes?

Johnny Textface

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on January 14, 2013, 01:38:25 AM

Costumes?

Wasn't the music just TDK again or was there some sort of Bane theme?

Spiteface

Mister Six

Really? It struck me as a fairly flat-looking film, to be honest. The direction was flat, too. Whereas watching The Dark Knight the other week, I was struck by how interesting the film looked, pretty much all the way through.

alcoholic messiah

The concluding part of the animated adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns is now out there in the ether.

Were one to question the immediate relevance of that information to the primary subject matter of this thread, I would point them in the direction of this article:

Reading Frank Miller's influences on Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy

Dead kate moss

Cinematography. At least a nom.

Here are the actual noms..

Django Unchained, Robert Richardson - haven't seen it, can believe that it might have better cinematography that DKR

Life of Pi
, Claudio Miranda - ditto, if not moreso

Lincoln
Janusz Kaminski - no idea

Anna Karenina Seamus McGarvey - no idea

Skyfall Roger Deakins - definitely had superior cinematography to DKR (imo)

The Oscars are stupid anyway. But I can see why Batman wouldn't get any noms. And the Nolanites will go apeshit, which is funny.

kidsick5000

Quote from: alcoholic messiah on January 14, 2013, 06:53:31 PM
The concluding part of the animated adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns is now out there in the ether.

Were one to question the immediate relevance of that information to the primary subject matter of this thread, I would point them in the direction of this article:

Reading Frank Miller's influences on Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy

Nolan's often mentioned that Miller's work has influenced his Batman films. Of course, he's probably had to turn down the nods recently due to Frank Miller's recent dodgy material

ZoyzaSorris

did noone find that auralnauts bane redubbing business quite amusing then? apologies if old news but couldnt see any mentions.

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on January 16, 2013, 11:25:39 PM
did noone find that auralnauts bane redubbing business quite amusing then? apologies if old news but couldnt see any mentions.

Starts well, they nail his voice for the first few minutes, then it's like they gave up.

Glebe

Mad Magazine have just done a parody, The Dork Knight Reprises...

Spiteface

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on January 16, 2013, 11:25:39 PM

I liked Bane's "Freestyling"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFAXvFYhsE

I legit love Tom Hardy's Bane voice. It's one of those voices that's really fun to do, with Michael Caine's "Size of a Tangerine" speech from The Dark knight a close second.

kitsofan34

Quote from: Spiteface on January 20, 2013, 04:38:24 PM
I liked Bane's "Freestyling"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFAXvFYhsE

I legit love Tom Hardy's Bane voice. It's one of those voices that's really fun to do, with Michael Caine's "Size of a Tangerine" speech from The Dark knight a close second.

That reminds me of Brett Gelman's rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4F_9ios4jU

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Spiteface on January 20, 2013, 04:38:24 PMI legit love Tom Hardy's Bane voice. It's one of those voices that's really fun to do, with Michael Caine's "Size of a Tangerine" speech from The Dark knight a close second.

I saw a tangerine ... the size ... of a tangerine.

This must be why I've woken up so early this morning. My Christopher Nolan senses were tingling.

Ah, sorry. Is that Marvel?

Doesn't matter. Mr Nolan might be returning for Justice League - and Christian Bale, too. Here's an article for your eyes to witness, your brain to devour, and your heart to love.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/03/03/christopher-nolan-returns-to-batman-and-oversees-team-up-movie/

Pepotamo1985

Noodle Lizard

I may have already posted this, but (Batman geeks) Kevin Smith & Ralph Garman did a great podcast exploring the plot holes and absurdities of TDKR.  I'm giving you a Noodle Lizard guarantee that you will laugh on several occasions - especially during the Bane impressions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W_PoL-dXf0

The Roofdog

FYI I started a new thread for the Justice League movie over here