Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Halloween in films ~(not about halloween)

Started by small_world, October 31, 2010, 07:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small_world

How many films can you think of which feature Halloween celebrations or take place over Halloween, but place no focus on the day itself and aren't horror films.

I'll kick off with
1 - Donnie Darko
The party at the end of the film is a Halloween party. The Frank/Bunny is a costume.[nb]I don't know why I've decided to add on a bit of shit obvious trivia, maybe it'll come in useful later on.[/nb]

2 - E.T.
E.T. in the white sheet is a ghost, for Halloween!!! [nb]much later![/nb]

lipsink

The Karate Kid has a Halloween party doesn't it?
Ed Wood has a trick or treaters scene too. And Batman Forever (wow, the classics are coming out now, aren't they)

Cerys

Mermaids springs to mind.  Also the Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Santa's Boyfriend

Remember The Thing From Another World showing in the background in Halloween?  I hope the original Halloween movie is showing in the background in the new remake of The Thing.

Remember when the Karate Kid dressed up as a shower? No, really. I think that was for Halloween. Or else he's just into that type of thing.

EDIT: I just read the other post about this. I'm not changing mine though. As compensation, I think it was Halloween in Eastenders one time.[nb]citation needed[/nb]

bloogoon

Day of the dead begins with the main female character looking at a pumpkin calender with all the days crossed off. It turns out shes dreaming so I'm not sure if its actually Halloween or metaphorical (seeing as its Romero) but when all the Zombie hands come bursting through the wall it might as well be.

bloogoon

Quote from: bloogoon on November 06, 2010, 09:22:52 AM
Day of the dead begins with the main female character looking at a pumpkin calender with all the days crossed off. It turns out shes dreaming so I'm not sure if its actually Halloween or metaphorical (seeing as its Romero) but when all the Zombie hands come bursting through the wall it might as well be.

No, I've just watched it all and the calender is actually there in the underground base (not just in the dream) with all the days in October crossed off. So it's either Halloween or it's been left on the wall because every day' is' Halloween?

I reckon it counts any way!