Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:23:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy and Unhappy Endings

Started by Maybe Im Doing It Wrong, November 02, 2010, 04:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

Deathwatch has a fairly upbeat ending, for a horror film made during the last 10 years and set during the Great War.
Spoiler alert
Okay, the demonic entity survives, but the most sympathetic character gets away, and it becomes clear that the demon only kills the guilty - true innocents are spared.
[close]
It's also a nicely atmospheric piece - not yet another Scream or Saw clone.

jaydee81

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 05, 2010, 02:07:26 AM
This was a bit unsettling. Isn't this meant for children?

Streets of Rage: BAD END

Spoiler alert
You became the boss of what, exactly? Didn't you just kill all the baddies across the city?     
[close]

Wow, I'm a bit unimpressed with that. From the image on the youtube video I was expecting some kind of Basic Instinct end to the game.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 05, 2010, 02:07:26 AM
Spoiler alert
You became the boss of what, exactly? Didn't you just kill all the baddies across the city?     
[close]

I'd be more pissed off that after spending hours and hours playing the game, the end sequence was that short (though I know that wasn't uncommon back then). And whoever came up with the idea of rewarding the player with a list of programming credits was a right arse.

Artemis

The ending to Punch Drunk Love cements it as one of the more beautiful movies I've seen, and a definite favourite of mine. There's not a massive amount to it, just a gentle realisation that Sandler's unstable, confused character has finally found someone who can connect to him, after spending almost the entire movie to that point surrounded by people who don't understand him, and as he struggles to understand himself. By the end, I don't think he's any the wiser, but she's ok with that and I think that's lovely.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What about ambiguous endings? Intellectual cowardice?

NoSleep

More like marketing acumen.[nb]Although still awaiting The Thing 2[/nb]