Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

IMDB Quotes / Trivia

Started by Small Man Big Horse, November 03, 2010, 02:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quite often I find a fairly interesting (if odd) piece of trivia on IMDB, and the comments section is often filled with funny rantings, so I thought a thread where both could reside might be interesting.

First off, you could sort of vaguely blame Richard "West Side Story / Twin Peaks" Beymer for Sharon Tate's death:

QuoteWhile in Italy filming Barabbas(1961) in 1961 Richard Beymer became captivated by a beautiful high school girl who had been doing extra work in the movie. The following year when he was back in California and the girl too had moved back to the United States, the two renewed communication and he encouraged her to pursue a career in film, which she did. They saw quite a lot of each other for over a year, and remained on friendly terms thereafter. The girl's name was Sharon Tate.

Whilst Stephen Tobolowsky:

QuoteWas almost murdered twice in one week in Hartford, Connecticut by different people. As he admitted, "That's unusual." The first instance occurred when he was in a pub with Beth Henley. After a brawl with a man who was attacking Henley, he was held at gunpoint at the pub. Later that week, when he and Henley went to a pizza parlor next to the pub, he was stabbed. Fortunately, the knife only partly penetrated his belt buckle.

Ignatius_S

A fair bit of the trivia is only partially accurate or just plain made-up.

Beymer and Tate meeting onset is very well-known - but the film was actually Adventures of a Young Man. After having a quick look, Beymer wasn't in the cast of Barabbas.