Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

We're back... and this time I mean it.

Started by Neil, February 02, 2004, 07:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighty night:  Sitcom or rhyming slang?

Fairly medicore, not bad for her first attempt.
33 (44.6%)
Utter drivel, overly dark with no fucking soul.
26 (35.1%)
It's great!  Cancer, eh?  What a fecking giggle!
15 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: February 02, 2004, 07:04:28 PM

Neil

The archive site that doesn't take backups... "It's irony on a base level"

Hello, lots of problems here of late but I think we're back for good now.  A couple of weeks ago a database table got corrupted, causing no end of problems with the site.  Huge thanks to our host Nick Mailer from Positive internet for spending so much time trying to get the site up and running again, there are not many hosts who will spend their weekend hitting bits of HTML with hammers, so big thanks to nick for trying to save everything.  Unfortunately it couldn't be dnoe, and after running a test last week I decided it was safer to just scrap everything and start from scratch.  So unfortunately we've lost over 5000 user accounts and about 4 years of discussion, but in some ways it's nice to have a fresh start.  I suppose.  If you previously had an account then you will need to sign up again to take part in the forums or vote in the site polls.  You will need to use a valid email address as your details will be sent out to it.  That reminds me, a few weeks ago my own email address expired, so if you have been trying to contact me on the old club24 address then you will have to resend please to neilbombd @ cookdandbombd.co.uk (remove the spaces) If you've got any GLR or Radio Bristol shows then I could certainly use them at the moment!  

Normal updates will resume fairly soon, there's stlil a fair bit of work to be done to the site and forums althuogh everything should now be fully functional.  If you spot a problem then please post about it in the Website Whines forum.  There is an archive of old updates on the read-only board, but basically there's been no Morris news anyway, he's still working on that Nathan Barley thing.  Iannucci is doing lots at the moment though, more on that later in the week.

imitationleather

Three cheers for Neil! Hip-hip... Well, maybe not.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all you've done, you're a true gent.

I don't mean to be cheeky, but is Comedy Chat going to have it's name changed again once you've done all those hundreds and hundreds of much more important things?

Ambient Sheep

Don't forget to spam-protect your E-Mail address, Neil!  (And more than just the "NOSPAM" you used last time, as the spam harvesters have auto-stripped that out for years now.)

It's weird about the backup thing...just a few days before it all went tits up European Son and I were nattering in the chatroom after the TQ radio show and the subject came up, for some reason, and then it went and happened.  Must have been our fault, then...tempting providence.

Neil

I'd been thinking of taking backups lately myself but the messageboard archive had got HUUGE.  Not sure what to do with my email addy, protecting it only makes it more difficult for people to get in touch.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Neil"I'd been thinking of taking backups lately myself...
Ooooh, weird, looks like we were all having some sort of spooky subconscious premonitions then.

Quote...but the messageboard archive had got HUUGE.
400MB I think you said?  Heh perhaps you should have torrented it down...I'd sort of assumed that Nick or someone stuck a CD-R in the box once a month or so, but apparently not.  :-(  Ah well.

Perhaps now that the read-only forum isn't live, you could experiment with getting it to show the non-attributed posts - *after* you've done the three million other things you have to do first, naturally.  (No sarcasm intended.)

QuoteNot sure what to do with my email addy, protecting it only makes it more difficult for people to get in touch.
Yeah, there is that.  Mmm.

weekender

Yep, great thanks to everyone involved in getting the site back up.  It's appreciated.

Anonymous

It is appreciated indeed.  Thanks a lot, everyone.  And Neil, you are a God.  An angry vengeful God with a very big beard who dislikes trolls pissing on his angel dust, sure, but a God all the same.  Excellent work in getting the site back up.

23 Daves

Oh, that last comment was me by the way.  Very strange, is this forum accepting Guest posts at the moment?  It threw me.

Neil

Yes, guest posting is turned on in Website Whines so people can tell us problems about the site, and in Site updates so people can discuss new downloads (yeah, right.)  Thanks and that.

Dr David V

Well done, good job, generic compliment, nice one, etc.

Seriously Neil, thanks for sorting it out, it's much appreciated.

weekender

Quote from: "Neil"and in Site updates so people can discuss new downloads (yeah, right.)

One of these days, I really want a new download to be shit, just so that I can tell you how shit it was.  I find praise difficult, think I mentioned that before.

Neil

Well, me too.  I'm sure this sounds ungrateful but I'd prefer it if people talked about the new downloads instead of saying "thanks!"  It's a bugbear of mine that new old stuff doesn't get discussed the way brand-new stuff does.

TraceyQ

I don't know where else to put this. I watched the last ep of "nighty night" on Monday and I thought it was wonderful.

Jet Set Willy

Hopefully people will notice this time when I say:

Apparently Chris Morris is going to be on XFM tomorrow (Sunday 15th February) at 10am with Jimmy Carr. One of the other DJs said so this morning.

sproggy

Quote from: "TraceyQ"I don't know where else to put this. I watched the last ep of "nighty night" on Monday and I thought it was wonderful.

Hear, Hear!

I thought it was rather good (the entire series)

Up yer arse, the lot of ya.

Anonymous

Neil

Any chance you could stop being so tedious, sore bottom mum?  Thanks!

Lumiere

Never seen nighty night, but the advert looked disturbing.