Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:54:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare & Other DLC [split topic] [ggrrrgmmmmhghgh]

Started by mobias, September 04, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Has anyone read anything about the new zombie pack for RDR? I thought it was just going to be a few zombie skins for online play but apparently its a huge offline mission pack including wild west zombie hoards, zombie animals, new weapons and even new map locations. You play as John Marston having to stop a zombie infestation spreading across the wild west. Sounds very entertaining. There's no release date for it yet though.     

Zero Gravitas

Yes 'Undead Nightmare' wasn't it, surprising since Rockstar have seemingly been of the opinion that that genre is pretty well catered for.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Undead_Nightmare

I wonder what the 'mythical creatures' could be, I do like the idea of getting my own unicorn.

I've only just gotten this, if anyone would care to come lasso whores or indeed 'whores with me I'm WindedGnu as long as you don't make fun of my distinctly sickly looking horse.

VegaLA

Penfold

i had my first go online last night.

It probably didn't help that I hadn't played the single player mode in 2 months.

I was in free roam, one person invited me to his posse, then i rode my donkey to the nearest town then some guy who was hiding on the saloon roof threw a tomahawk in my back. I got revenge by climbing onto a nearby building and shooting him, he then got extra revenge by throwing dynamite at me.

Is it easy to gain XP in this? I don't play online much but i'm curious if I start trying properly whether i can get better equipment easily by hunting or competing missions or will I just get crushed by people who decided not to wait 3 months to try the multiplayer modes.

Quote from: Penfold on September 13, 2010, 10:56:03 AM
Is it easy to gain XP in this? I don't play online much but i'm curious if I start trying properly whether i can get better equipment easily by hunting or competing missions or will I just get crushed by people who decided not to wait 3 months to try the multiplayer modes.

If you're just starting out avoid Free Roam and stick to the Co-op missions as they will boost your XP by about 900-1200 in about 10 mins if you've got a good group.  Once you're slick enough for the Advanced Co-op you'll probably be about Rank 20 and have plenty of decent weapons so you can head back into (Hardcore) Free Roam and grind Pike's Basin or Tesora Azul.  The latter is quicker and, if you don't kill the whores, there's plenty of XP to had in about 5 mins.  The only drawback being you'll need 2/3 decent shootists with you to blitz it on hardcore.

Penfold

Quote from: thehungerartist on September 14, 2010, 01:32:16 AM
If you're just starting out avoid Free Roam and stick to the Co-op missions as they will boost your XP by about 900-1200 in about 10 mins if you've got a good group.  Once you're slick enough for the Advanced Co-op you'll probably be about Rank 20 and have plenty of decent weapons so you can head back into (Hardcore) Free Roam and grind Pike's Basin or Tesora Azul.  The latter is quicker and, if you don't kill the whores, there's plenty of XP to had in about 5 mins.  The only drawback being you'll need 2/3 decent shootists with you to blitz it on hardcore.

Thanks, i'll give the co-op missions a go tonight.

I'm currently up to level 4 as I really wanted to get rid of my donkey so I tried free roam again and it was better, there were more people and they were focusing in on gang hideouts. I attempted Twin Rocks by myself with just a cattleman revolver but i was shot to pieces by anything with more range. Eventually someone came and helped me out and everything was right with the world.

now i'm up to a sickly horse and I love it.

mobias

Yup online co-op is definitely where its at. I'm having a big online RDR session tonight if any PS3 players wants to join me. mobe7 if you want to add me

mobias

Has anyone here who plays RDR online unlocked the Wayne Daniels cattle rustler character yet? He's got to be the most sarcastic cattle rustler the world has ever known. He's sarcastic quips are hilarious and you can really taunt your fellow co-op players mercilessly with them.

I wonder how many points you need to unlock that black bull as your mount. He looks mean as fuck.

mobias

I bought the Liars and Cheats pack this evening. Its quite cool. There's an explosive rifle that vaporises bears with one shot which is a lot of fun. There's also hunting mini games. The cougar hunting game is quite intense. There's an area round this old shack which is infested with cougars. If you find yourself trapped in the shack then its genuinely scary as you have to fend off multiple cougars coming in through the doors on either side of you. Anyway once you've shot and massacred a steady stream of them you then have to fight the ultra ferocious boss cougar who in a moment of inspired Rockstar humour is called Demi. I kid you not. 

mobias

Quote from: thehungerartist on September 26, 2010, 03:27:02 AM
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Bull

Oh crap, that'll take for ever to unlock. I've levelled up quite quickly so far and unlocked a fair few cool weapons but there's no way I've got enough time on my hands to get to the legendary levels. Still, the nights are drawing in and winter is on its way. May as well give it a go. 

mook

^ bloody hell! what are the chances this will be released for halloween? i'll be getting it whenever it comes out anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also i wonder if it's possible to get tpphm a herbert moon avatar?

Huzzie

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on June 03, 2010, 10:56:47 PM
I am so annoyed they aren't releasing this for PC, I was brought up on spaghetti westerns and love GTA so this would be right up my street. Might have to take the plunge and invest in a 360.

Eh?

i thought you had one.

Maybe I'm just getting confused due to wannabe Yanks wanting Xbox's.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Huzzie on September 30, 2010, 10:09:49 PM
Eh?

i thought you had one.

Maybe I'm just getting confused due to wannabe Yanks wanting Xbox's.

I had one but it got nicked, remember!

mobias

Quote from: mook on September 30, 2010, 09:12:58 PM
^ bloody hell! what are the chances this will be released for halloween? i'll be getting it whenever it comes out anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its coming out the week before halloween I think

Looks good.  Liars & Cheats is the only DLC I haven't bothered with yet but will certainly be getting this; zombies might be viewed as a bit old-hat by now but my flatmate has had Nazi zombies on COD: World at War since release and we're still playing it, so if it's done well then it'll be a £10 bargain.

Quote from: mook on September 30, 2010, 09:12:58 PM

Was mooching around Armadillo bored so for a laugh I drew on New Austin's favourite anti-semitic shopkeeper as he sauntered past.  He ran off into the desert yelling "I'm Herbert Mooooooon!!".  'Twas very funny (would have been better if he'd been screaming "one nuuuuuuuuuuu!!", mind).

mook

Quote from: thehungerartist on September 30, 2010, 11:40:50 PM

Was mooching around Armadillo bored so for a laugh I drew on New Austin's favourite anti-semitic shopkeeper as he sauntered past.  He ran off into the desert yelling "I'm Herbert Mooooooon!!".  'Twas very funny (would have been better if he'd been screaming "one nuuuuuuuuuuu!!", mind).

heh... apparently if you pull a gun on old herbert (the one in the game, not the fucking herbert who posts here) and get him to shoot at you, without you shooting first, the armadillo sheriffs turn up and go batshit on the crazy, poker cheating, jew hating over-charging old cunt. infact seeing as i can't sleep i'm off to try it out now.

Quote from: mobias on September 30, 2010, 10:48:01 PM
Its coming out the week before halloween I think

cheers mobias. i'll be having some of that then.

mook

well i tried to get herbert to take a shot at me but the old racist wouldn't have any of it - in the end i chased him for ten minutes or more and beat the crap out of him in the desert behind his store, got a bit fed up of that, so hogtied him and dropped him on the railtracks - like you do. i think this game is skewing whatever was left of my moral compass.

mobias

Quote from: thehungerartist on September 30, 2010, 11:40:50 PM
Looks good.  Liars & Cheats is the only DLC I haven't bothered with yet

Its worth if if you like the free roam gang matches. There's seven new ones dotted all over the place and when you complete each one you get rewarded by receiving a rifle with explosive bullets. Vaporises anything you hit with it. Each gang match has three gang bosses you have to kill at the end which also adds to the fun.

The cougar hunting mini game is good too. Cougars coming at you from all angles. Its actually quite difficult to finish without getting killed at least once or twice.

mobias

Zombie cougars and 'mythical creatures'   This is just going to rock so much

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/9441/[featured_post]_ladies_and_gentlemen..._zombie_cougars.article

Zero Gravitas

The release date for Undead Nightmare in the US as been set for October 26th, the two previous DLCs have been released simultaneously in Europe but no positive confirmation if this will be the case for this one yet.

Mustow Green

Had an email confirmation from Rockstar that this is out next week, looking forward to that.  Also noticed, last night, that there's a 21MB patch in preparation to the dlc, with a freeroom game called 'land grab'.  Noticed around 5 dotted across the map, (check out the roof of the sheriff's office at McFarlane's Ranch).  Also, they've rejigged the freeroam mode, so you're asked off the bat if you want normal, hardcore or friendly.  The latter is great, no griefers.

Cohaagen

I was just thinking earlier about how much money they'd make if they made a RDR/GTA-type sandbox game based on the Mad Max series.

It'd be fucking ace, wouldn't it? Bombing around in your big, black V8 interceptor, shooting guys in chaps as they do doughnuts on their motorbikes, getting chased by post-apocalyptic leather daddies. I also really want to drive that cow car from Beyond Thunderdome.

Jemble Fred

Well they are making a Mad Max game, which is stupid because every other game is a Mad Max rip-off these days anyway. We could all do without the phrase 'post-apocalyptic wasteland' cropping up in game bumph for a long time....

mycroft