Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:43:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare & Other DLC [split topic] [ggrrrgmmmmhghgh]

Started by mobias, September 04, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

I'm on the PS3, and am having a right ol' spot of bother. If anyone can help me I'd be most grateful.

I've obtained all four add-on packs (and intend to purchase the Undead one too), but none of them work as upon getting to the Main Page of RDR, it asks me for the Rockstar Code.....I have no idea where this is or what it is. I haven't been sent any particular code in relation to the purchases, nor can I find a specified code in the box or sleeve anywhere. Can anyone guide me in the right direction please?

Penfold

The rockstar codes are only used for pre-order bonuses I think.

The DLC should just work when you enter the single or multiplayer game once it's been downloaded and installed.

Check the gunsmith in Blackwater to see if you can purchase the explosive rifle or the tomahawk at Manzanita Post.

Mustow Green

^ I bought the dlc from the playstation store and after the download they installed automatically.
The best way to check, (apart from in-game), is on the main page/menu > Select downloaded content > there should be a list of all your dlc.  Selecting these wont do a thing though as they more expand the game, (especially multiplayer) than offer a new game mode.

As mentioned above, if you can buy the Tomahawk from Manzanita post, or the explosive rifle from Blackwater, or you have some new outfits, if in Multiplayer you can access Legend & Killer games, as well as more gang hideouts, (there's one just outside of McFarlane's ranch) and hunting grounds you do have these dlcs.

Neomod

Just got it but will have to wait until I get home at 6 to play it...Doh!

bitesize

it's out today?! awesome, i thought XBLA updates were always wednesdays... i'm havin that as soon as i get home tonight!

Penfold

I got War!

then War died.

Edit: Just met Herbert Moon and he's on fine form.

mobias

Blowing the brains of Bonnie's father out at point blank range was unsurprisingly satisfying

Neomod

In a world gone mad I felt
Spoiler alert
a pang of guilt hearing i'd wiped out sasquach's entire family.
[close]

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Neomod on October 26, 2010, 11:50:50 PM
In a world gone mad I felt
Spoiler alert
a pang of guilt hearing i'd wiped out sasquach's entire family.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Me too. It gave you the option of putting him out of his misery, or just leave him there to sob. I let him be, as years later he will meet John Lithgow and find out there are others.
[close]

mobias

Has anyone cleared Rathskeller Fort of zombies yet? Head straight for the roof mounted gatling gun and cue up yourself a lot of very messy fun.

bitesize

only done a wee bit so far [nb]first actual mission, 2 or 3 towns cleared and the (slightly sad)
Spoiler alert
sasquatch hunting
[close]
side mission[/nb], but damn this is amazing!

love the atmosphere, got that 50s B-movie style down perfectly... some of the best cutscene/voice acting i've seen in games.

mobias

Quote from: bitesize on October 28, 2010, 01:13:54 PM

... some of the best cutscene/voice acting i've seen in games.

Definitely. Its actually better than the core RDR game, partly because it gives Rockstar more room to be a bit more tongue in cheek. Something I think they're much more confident and better suited at being rather than trying too hard to be profound. Undead Nightmare is one of the best things I think they've ever done. I'm over half way through it and all I want to do is start over again, its such a laugh.

Neomod

Quote from: Penfold on October 26, 2010, 09:03:34 PM
I got War!

then War died.

Edit: Just met Herbert Moon and he's on fine form.

Only just realised by reading a review that this is a horse.

Mustow Green

Another thumbs up.  This is great fun and can be surprisingly tough at times, (I'm probably making it harder for myself but I'm doing the whole game mostly on foot). Saw the cutscene with Herbert Moon tonight, funny stuff.  I'm liking all the cameos.  Another surprose was that I'd only completed 20% so far, this may be larger than at first look.

Next play through I'm planing on turning the TV colour down to a murky monachrome, give it a 50s feel.

mobias

The attention to detail is once again fantastic. Last night I rode past a zombie wife attacking her non zombie husband who, once bitten, started sobbing before blowing his wife's brains out and then taking his own life with a bullet to the head. 

Neil

Barely touched the singleplayer yet, but been on the multiplayer for the last few hours. Bloody brilliant.  Back on there now - anyone up for some zombie cowboy xbox multiplayer?

Neil

Level 31 on a level with nothing up climb on!  Still barely scratched the single player, but that was amazing. I've been in hardcore as I didn't know what it was. Think I'll try normal, now that I do. Double XP this weekend by the way.

Madison

Anyone else finding the hunt for ammo to be a pain in the arse? Makes it harder I suppose, and a different game, but it takes the fun out of walking into terror if you're going to be clean out of bullets in 3 shots and have to do half an hour's corpse pillaging to get your supply back.

Just had my first 'mythical creature' alert, rode past what appeared to be a very placid zombie bull, then a
Spoiler alert
on fire horse
[close]
shot past me, obviously I chased it and shot it in the face
Spoiler alert
couldn't skin it, which is a shame, I wanted fireskin
[close]
but I still don't think that was the mythical creature I was being alerted to.

Anyway. Good times.

UPDATE: Hurray, it's tpph Herbert Moon. Can I kill him?
UPDATE:
Spoiler alert
HURRAY!
[close]

Neomod

That was
Spoiler alert
war, one of the four horses of the apocalypse.
[close]

Madison

Ah. was there more to do than chase it down and shoot it's face off? I've come across him again but got sidetracked by
Spoiler alert
the one that's green and explodes with gas
[close]
and the
Spoiler alert
nightmare fuel clown guy with an axe in his head
[close]
. This is a good game.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Madison on November 05, 2010, 01:02:35 AM
Ah. was there more to do than chase it down and shoot it's face off? I've come across him again but got sidetracked by
Spoiler alert
the one that's green and explodes with gas
[close]
and the
Spoiler alert
nightmare fuel clown guy with an axe in his head
[close]
. This is a good game.

Spoiler alert
When you're told about a mythical beast in the area (presuming it is a peculiar horse), tame it and make it yours for various advantages.....
[close]

Madison

Ah! That makes sense. Rather than shoot it in the face. Speaking of horses, I've got myself the comedy
Spoiler alert
zombie horse - it's like one of those wonky trolleys comedians are always going on about (in the 80s)
[close]

mook

even though i downloaded undead a couple of weeks ago this is the first time i've had a chance to play it. and i must say the
Spoiler alert
zombies in thieve's landing are actually friendlier than the "real" people there in RDR.
[close]

VegaLA

Having lost out to my usual MP gaming action Sunday morning due to my Router experiencing problelms, I decided to cheer myself up last night by getting this Undead DLC despite still not completing the main game itself.

My life this game is tense, it's been ages since a game has had me on edge (Condemned, Dept store level i'd say) like this, puts Dead Rising 2 off the radar.

Anyone uhmming and ahhring about this just get it. I'm hoping to egt soem more in tonigt as i've really only just had a taster.

EDIT to add.
Oh fuck, just noticed the new thread, sorry.

Doctor Stamen

Just ordered the standalone version of this as I haven't got RDR, don't have that much free time for my PS3 and it was only £17.  Looks like great fun.

VegaLA

I just experienced one of those gaming 'moments' that come aong once in a blue moon when you least expect it.
Can't remember the name of the town but found myself taking refuge in an old church along with two other guys in the back behind the podium. Zombies were coming in through the front door so we were letting them have it but occasionally a few would sneak in through the back. The layout was very similar to the hospital in 'Zombie flesheaters' and has to be the closest thing i've ever had to playing out that scene from Fulci's movie.
Shame this is not Multiplayer.

Neil

You've not played the multiplayer?  It has those moments all the time.  Horde mode!

Neil

I've only two fucking titles to get on the zombie DLC now by the way:  one where you have to play for 500 rounds, starting from now, or I'd probably have it in the bag.  And one where I need a 40 kill-chain, which I've been close to, but denied each time.  Getting ten chests and lasting fifteen rounds without getting downed was fun.

Just one of the single best gaming experiences I've ever had, is the horde mode.  Amazing, stunning, compelling.