Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,377
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare & Other DLC [split topic] [ggrrrgmmmmhghgh]

Started by mobias, September 04, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

I may be missing the obvious but how do you access mulitiplayer on Undead Nightmare?

Neil

Log onto the multiplayer free roam from the start-up menu.  Press select to pick a new game mode, and the Undead Nightmare one is quite near the bottom of that list.  I'm going to get stuck in now.  I wonder if there's going to be expansions for it, even just a few new places to fight in.  Is Left 4 Dead 2 as compelling and frantic?  It should be affordable second-hand by now, but the demo never really engaged me, whereas anything with Horde mode is an instant win.

bitesize

just finished single player story this morn, great stuff. loved
Spoiler alert
the twist of coming back as zombie john at the end to finish off the post-story stuff, mirroring the twist at the end of the main game
[close]
. only got 60% done on my game stats too, so lots of bits left - haven't done much in the way of missing persons, or taming the mythical beasts - also there's a whole outfit sitting in the menu undiscovered... still lots to do. nearly 7 hours on my play time so far, now that's value for money.

mook

i must admit i've been taking my time with undead, instead of rushing through like it i did with RDR.
Spoiler alert
i've just got into mexico and my perfectly good horse got mullered by something, and now i'm lumbered with some nigh impossible to steer dead bastard horse, which weirdly i've become quite fond of, or at least i was until the stupid bugger wandered off into some fire and burnt the "fresh" zombie i'd tied to it's back to take the old nun.
[close]
bloody game.

madhair60

Quote from: Neil on November 15, 2010, 04:40:55 PM
Is Left 4 Dead 2 as compelling and frantic?

I think it's wonderful, especially with a good team on a high difficulty.  The AI is very clever at throwing the players into situations they're not quite prepared for.

Only problem is that on 360 the DLC isn't free.

Big Jack McBastard

Anyone up for a bit of Multiplayer this weekend (Sat evening)? Vega and my dirty self are up for a bit, if you're in do join us.

Penfold

I should be around for this.

I've not tried any other mode apart from free roam and i'm still a lowly level 4 so i may be more useful as cougar bait.

Unless anyone is interested in some free roam gang hideouts during this week as I want to get to level 8 so I have a horse that won't take an hour to get out of mexico.

My gamertag is gorillabingo

Big Jack McBastard

VegaLA

Cheers for Sat Big Jack.
I had problems getting into the same match as BJM but we set up a private match and I eventually gelled into the game after a few shamefull rounds. Still, if we can get four of us on for one private gaming session should be all the more better.

Also got some Campaign in. Looks like they have crafted just a smuch love and attention to the DLC as they did the main game. Superb stuff.

Neomod

Just done the Sepulcro clearout. I thought it would never end.

Does anyone have any tips on taming the apocalypse. I've tamed one but have given up on 2 because I was getting thrown every time?

bitesize

^ the apocalypse horses work the same as all the other horses, just take a bit longer. left stick, keep him in the middle.

so close to 100% on SP now - just got a few more missing persons to do at Fort Mercer, then the last 2 legendary creatures. which are annoying me a lot - there's no way to actually find them, they just get randomly spawned in certain areas. been riding aimlessly round eastern Mexico in search of the
Spoiler alert
chupacabra
[close]
for hours now, it just won't spawn for me...

Penfold

I've not gone back to Undead Nightmare once I got to Fort Mercer and had to collect flowers for Mr. West-Dickens. I'm not sure why but those missions always put me off.

Instead I went back to the main game to try and make it one of the few games I get 100% on, a few hunting challenges and bounties to go and i'll be there.

I believe it's double XP from Thursday to Sunday this week for Thanksgiving so I'll try and go online if my internet lets me.

Neil

Famous Mortimer

I was bought both bits of the game for Christmas and have been enjoying the normal Redemption already. It's just so lovely to look at and interact with. I was chuffed to find my first legendary creature and know I'll be one of the try-for-100% people. Yay for games like this.

Jim Jarmusch

100% both campaigns. 90% of all trophies. 82/91, missing Legion of Boom, Horse Racing, Poker, Liars Dice...

I had no idea when you passed into Legend that it would wipe all your journal challenges. I spent a lot of time in CoOp and Freeroam ticking them off. Replaying the herd to get TimeAttack III, kill streaks while an Outlaw all for just a bit of XP when I could have been doing quick and simple Gang Hidouts with a posse to rank up faster.

Best game I've played this year. Only game too. Now onto Borderlands.

Big Jack McBastard

ThickAndCreamy

I was bought that game for Christmas... in 2009, I've still yet to play it. It looks quite boring.

Jim Jarmusch

Played it for four days straight. It's not boring, a lot like an open world Resistance. Criticisms would be the final boss was anti climatic.
Spoiler alert
Lasted all of six seconds with one clip into it's vagina face. I was expecting it's tentacles to grown larger or start firing projectiles.
[close]
Nothing, not even a cutscene before the credits rolled. Storytelling not it's strong point but it was a fun journey.

I'm on my second playthrough now and almost reached Level 50 with the Sniper class carried over. Haven't touched any of the four DLC packs that came with it. One of the missions is glitched online and the only way to fix it I've discovered is to edit your save file with a mod tool. Possible to cheat your way to Platinum trophy.

Found this. Gearbox: Borderlands "less boring" than Fallout 3

madhair60

Is the boxed version of Undead Nightmare available in shops a standalone product, or does it include the original game?

It's, what, 1200/1600msp to buy online, and £24.99 in the shops?  Surely that doesn't add up?

Famous Mortimer

I have the boxed Undead Nightmare (thanks, sis) and it certainly appears to be a standalone product. Well, I know it is because I started playing it.

Space ghost

Quote from: madhair60 on January 07, 2011, 03:17:02 PM
Is the boxed version of Undead Nightmare available in shops a standalone product, or does it include the original game?

It's, what, 1200/1600msp to buy online, and £24.99 in the shops?  Surely that doesn't add up?

it's only 800msp from the marketplace

Space ghost

SO WHAT I'M SUGGESTING IS THAT YOU SHOULD BUY IT FOR THAT LOWER PRICE KAY?