Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,405
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People Of The North - Deep Tissue

Started by alan nagsworth, November 13, 2010, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Drummer Kid Millions (Oneida, Adhesive X, Ex Models, Pocket Monster) and guitarist/vocalist Bobby Matador (Oneida) split from Oneida to record this four-song 36 minute record aaaand it's awesome. I don't know how well received this will be on here as there are so very few Oneida fans skulking about (the rest of you: FOR SHAME) but I had to post it somewhere ferchrissakes.

It's typically excellent form for Matador/Millions and exactly what I've come to expect from their output. Wonderfully mysterious, dense with angular feedback, repetition and Millions' superb drumming which instantly brings to mind the style of late percussion king Mitch Mitchell. As with most Oneida stuff, the tunes are primarily both infectious and groovy whilst maintaining a haunting displacement in their excellent sense of repetition and the filty squelching distortion on the guitars. Psych'd-out drones, sparingly-used errie vocals, oozing into your brain until your foot can't not tap incessantly...

I mean, come on, the record has four songs and I'm embedding three of the cunts in this thread so all you have to do is click a sodding link. Fans of space rock and old stuff like Suicide should be lapping this up! LAP LAP LAP

"Just tek it.  What harm can it do?"

People Of The North - Tunnels

People Of The North - The Vasted Island

People Of The North - Summer Leaves