Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:30:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WTF is Tommy Wiseau doing now

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, November 16, 2010, 05:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

When he made The Room he turned an intended thriller into a comedy. Now that he's apparently "a master of cult comedy" he's come up with this:

The House That Drips Blood On Alex Starring Tommy Wiseau

So where will this this end up? I'm guessing a lot of stunned silence.

Big Jack McBastard

I was under the impression that this was going to be an actual feature, just as well it turned out to be this.

It's no good, no-one should have told him The Room was hilarious, they should have just praised him for making a masterpiece (without telling him what kind) and encouraged him to go off and make more films where he was being serious, that's why The Room had me in fits, when he was being genuine (or something near it) he comes off as unbelievable and that's a rare talent (?)[nb]That said I bet he could do a malevolent, angry, insane leader or boss with terrifying accuracy (as glimpsed on Tim & Eric)[/nb]. Here he knows he's taking the piss and with his voice and the far-too-nod-and-wink cast it makes for a poor showing.

The guy needs to have a role that matches his face, basically Dracula or a cult leader but to play it as himself for a funny film, or angry for a genuinely concerning performance.

That's not to say I didn't chuckle at the odd moment, it's hard not to laugh when he starts but it simply tries too hard to be obviously shit.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on November 17, 2010, 09:29:19 AM
It's no good, no-one should have told him The Room was hilarious, they should have just praised him for making a masterpiece

He's probably made quite a bit of money off The Room. More than he should have, anyway. It's presumably this cash which has allowed him to fund his next venture.

Sadly, in poker terms, he's like the turkey who goes all in on a 2-7 off suit and magically flops a full house. This time he's all in with rags again. I fear he may be humiliated.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on November 17, 2010, 04:46:07 PM
He's probably made quite a bit of money off The Room. More than he should have, anyway. It's presumably this cash which has allowed him to fund his next venture.

Sadly, in poker terms, he's like the turkey who goes all in on a 2-7 off suit and magically flops a full house. This time he's all in with rags again. I fear he may be humiliated.
I'd guess he's still heavily in the red for "The Room". He paid for a billboard somewhere in Hollywood for several years (which is why so many big names found out about it and spread the word) at a cost of somewhere in the low seven figures; and the DVD of it hasn't been released anywhere in the world other than - I think - Australia (my version is Australian, and I couldn't find one closer when I was looking for it last year).

He also did a "pilot" for an office-based sitcom which was really really bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGpwxHMUndk

tygerbug

Monique in that The Neighbors trailer was also in my last film.

Like you say, Tommy loses most of his power now that he's become somewhat self-aware. He's still delusional, so there's some hope?

I'm sure he's made money off The Room now. Once you reach the stage where you can get paid to show up somewhere as yourself, it pretty much negates the money he spent on that billboard [which was a real curiosity in L.A. before anyone had seen the actual film].

The unofficial videogame adaptation of The Room is a timewaster, but also a hoot ...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/547307
There's a lot of secrets and a twist ending. It replicates the film lovingly but also adds extra jokes that go further.

ThickAndCreamy

Is The Room actually worth watching?

It just looks phenomenal in a permanently jaw-dropping way, or is it just painfully shit?

Ronnie the Raincoat

If you skip past the interminable sex scenes it's worth the other 25 minutes.

Where the fuck is he from?  His accent is unfathomable.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: ThickAndCreamy on November 20, 2010, 10:39:02 PM
Is The Room actually worth watching?

It just looks phenomenal in a permanently jaw-dropping way, or is it just painfully shit?
It's magnificent, mostly because you just don't get those sort of completely unique visions in film any more. He paid for it, wrote it, directed it, supervised the cinematography, starred...it's all him. It's worth watching, certainly.

Custard

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on November 21, 2010, 01:31:15 AM
If you skip past the interminable sex scenes it's worth the other 25 minutes.

Haha. Though i think the constant, crowbarred-in sex-scenes are some of the funniest bits. From the completely unpassionate lovemaking, to Tommy shagging with his trousers on, to the terminally lifeless soundtrack farting away in the background.

Gold.

ThickAndCreamy

I'm going to watch this at 2am tonight with a couple of friends.

It better be good, and as hilarious as it looks.