Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,483
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kinect

Started by Neomod, November 17, 2010, 12:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

Couldn't find a thread for this. Has anyone actually got one and is it any good?

I'm thinking of waiting 6 months or so but is there any reason I should get one now?

Captain Mildred

Yeah, I have.
Extremely impressed with the tech - but the games so far only really lend themselves to drunken party nights.
Four of us had a whale of a time on Sports and Adventures at the weekend.
Just Dance is meant to be the best of the launch games, but we were too knackered to play it after the first two.

hoverdonkey

There was an HMV dude demonstrating the dancing game in Kingston on Sunday. He was utterly shameless but really got into it and made it look a lot of fun. The sort of game where you'd have to be in the right company I think. The actual Kinnect looks good though - will be really interesting to see what they do with it in the next couple of years.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Captain Mildred on November 17, 2010, 12:55:52 PM
Just Dance is meant to be the best of the launch games, but we were too knackered to play it after the first two.

Do you mean Dance Central? Bit of a catch-22 that one – technically the best game, but it's still a festering pile of shit because it's a dance game. Kinect Sports is probably the second best, and is a bit more playable for its lack of.... dance.

So yes, in my opinion it's a total marvel, but there's no denying that it's the worst launch lineup ever. Kinect will be fantastic, but you'll have to give it time game-wise.

Slaaaaabs

The tech is great, the games not so much... yet.

This is impressive....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QrnwoO1-8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dyEyub0CE

You can be sure of it!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That's really quite awesome. I don't want to play a single one of the games I've seen for it, but the non-gaming applications of it are very interesting. If, for instance, there was a way to use it for motion capture information that could be imported into Maya, I'd buy one this instant.

Captain Mildred

Quote from: Jemble Fred on November 17, 2010, 02:03:12 PM
Do you mean Dance Central?

Oops, yeah that's the one.
(at least that proves I've not spent the last weekend camping it up to Lady GaGa round the coffee table).

(That'll be this weekend).