Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eye Of The Needle

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, November 18, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A rather gripping 70's thriller (ah, 1981! looks older!) that was on Channel 4 yesterday afternoon, starring Donald Sutherland as a Nazi agent 'shipwrecked' on a remote Scottish island.

Part of what made it so gripping was how he was such a fucking bastard, ruining the lives of every single inhabitant of the island in a sort of bizarre completist fashion, despite never really having to to achieve his aims.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082351/

I'm happy to report it has a good rating and my mum liked it which means I'm still ace. Check it out.

Ignatius_S

It's a decent, solid suspense film and gets repeated a lot - based on a Ken Follett. Although the cast are good, I tend to remember it being strong on the editing and direction fronts.

When I found out that Richard Marquand, the director, went on to do Return of the Jedi and Jagged Edge, I was pleasantly surprised.

An tSaoi

Quote from: Ignatius_S on November 18, 2010, 11:21:05 AM
When I found out that Richard Marquand, the director, went on to do Return of the Jedi

And Lucas gave him the gig because he admired Eye of the Needle.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: An tSaoi on November 18, 2010, 01:59:52 PM
And Lucas gave him the gig because he admired Eye of the Needle.
Oh, I didn't know that - makes perfect sense!