Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:46:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Berlin Alexanderplatz (any good?)

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, November 20, 2010, 04:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm thinking of getting the the big box set for my mum for Christmas. I haven't seen it what with it being 16 hours long and quite expensive (it's on offer for £35) but I know she likes German new wave cinema, and everything I've seen suggests it's rather brilliant. Has anyone else seen it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080196/

It's got a pretty high rating.

Danger Man

You can get Heimat 2 for 45 quid and that's not only 25 hours long but one of the finest bits of German cinema ever made.

Though Berlin Alexanderplatz is also fine. If she likes 'German Cinema' then both are good choices.

Ihre mutter....

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think she may have seen that though.

I'm conscious the book I got for her last Christmas is sitting on the table next to the sofa in alarmingly pristine condition. So this year she has to either like it or come in a box big and heavy enough to make her like it.

Famous Mortimer

It's currently at about 80% on the torrenting, and I'm looking forward to it. I also need to make the time to watch Heimat, and the end of the Wire, etc.etc.