Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:16:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Game bargains thread

Started by weekender, November 21, 2010, 12:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

After a couple of surprisingly good months, Games With Gold is back to being shit again... How the fuck have they not run out of Assassin's Creed titles by now?

bgmnts

What the fuck Sonic All Star Racing?

Isn't Metal Gear Solid V a decent one? I hope so, as I've just downloaded it.

Bhazor

Sonic All Stars Transformed is great. Better than Mario Kart 8.

MGSV is... complicated. I could spend days shit talking that game but I still spent 60 hours on it and called it one of my games of the year. The best way to explain it is its Far Cry done right.

bgmnts

I'd describe it as Metal Gear done wrong.

I shall check out Sonic Kart.

Bhazor

Quote from: bgmnts on June 01, 2018, 08:09:27 PM
I'd describe it as Metal Gear done wrong.

That too. Again its complicated.

Blue Jam

I don't know-just started MGSV tonight and fucking hell, it's slow. Does it get any better? I'm not sure I can be arsed with any more crawling along hospital corridors on my elbows in between a bajillion cutscenes...

Consignia

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 01, 2018, 08:56:24 PM
I don't know-just started MGSV tonight and fucking hell, it's slow. Does it get any better? I'm not sure I can be arsed with any more crawling along hospital corridors on my elbows in between a bajillion cutscenes...

Much better. The hosptial really is nothing like how the game actually ends up. There's barely any narrative in the bulk of the game.

I'm finding MGS V better than Sons of Liberty which is my only other experience (and I hated it).

Presumably this is ultimately going to be map after map of finding ways to avoid red blips though, isn't it.

buntyman

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 01, 2018, 08:56:24 PM

I bought it second hand and spent what seemed like at least half an hour plodding through this opening part of the game. Then, before a save point, it crashed sending me back to my hospital bed. I ejected the disc and took it back to the shop vowing never to let it darken my xbox again.

The Culture Bunker

I did enjoy around, ohhh, 85% of MGSV. Then there was all that shite at the end. Oh, and all the nonsense with Quiet.

I did see "Metal Gear Survive" for £20 new yesterday - assumed it was a shite shameless cash-in and left alone. Wrong assumption?

buntyman

Quote from: Bhazor on June 01, 2018, 07:57:08 PM
Sonic All Stars Transformed is great. Better than Mario Kart 8.

Been playing this for a couple of hours. It's okay but nowhere near as good as Mario Kart. Presentation is awful and the music and general sound is very annoying

fat_abbott

First thing I did was turn off the music, makes it a much better experience.

It's not bad for a 400 year old game.

Is there a reason Nintendo don't licence Mario Kart onto consoles? Wouldn't it make them billions? I'd buy the version from SNES if that was available on XBox, just delay them 3 years or something so the Nintendo owners get the juicy titles.

Cold Meat Platter

Shadowrun Returns free on Humble Store.

Bhazor

Shadow Returns is good but Dragon Fall is great. I'd say treat the first game as a demo for Dragon Fall. If you click with the combat and art style then you'll love Dragon Fall which is basically the same game only with much better writing, much more content, more varied content and better use of the cyber space stuff. Dragon Fall is currently a fiver on Humble Store.

olliebean

Steam has a sale on, just a heads up.

garbed_attic

I treated myself to Stories Untold, which I've genuinely excited about playing!