Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Commando

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, November 23, 2010, 12:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsick5000

Gulftastic

Quote from: lipsink on November 23, 2010, 11:08:14 PM
I always loved Twins as a kid. It seemed to be the best of his family/comedy films.

Me too! It has about the only genuinely moving bit in any Arnie film, where him and De Vito are talking about having a real family and dreaming of Xmas and stuff. I had a tear in my eye during that bit.

momatt

Won't somebody please think about the sandwiches?

Is there a bit in The Running Man where he chainsaws someone almost in half, from the groin up, then says "He had to split" when someone else asks him what happened to the baddy? I'm sure I remember that, but haven't seen the film in YEARS.

I LOVE post-kill puns. Like when the Sean Connery James Bond shot someone with a harpoon gun and then remarked "I think he got the point".

Gulftastic

I love how he turns his class into a sort of Hitler Youth. Discipline is the key to happiness!

Tiny Poster

One of the writers for Commando was Jeph Loeb, who was acclaimed for his comics writing a bit earlier this decade. This led to Marvel giving him a key role on certain series, and now he just fucks up great things like the Ultimate universe and Hulk.

He says that film was originally conceived as a vehicle for Gene Simmons (yes, him) and that Nick Nolte was attached at one point. No way would it have been as great without Arnie.

Speaking of which:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/fox-to-remake-famed-schwarzenegger-pic/

Oh, and the sequel script for the Commando sequel eventually became Die Hard.