Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:40:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What film is this? One for the neeerrrddds

Started by turnstyle, November 25, 2010, 01:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

A possible trick would be to go to IMDB, think of something which is a key plot point, or whatever, in the film you're trying to remember and search by keyword. You can filter the results by date if you've got a rough idea of when it was made, which may well net results. Or may not.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Closet Cannibal on November 27, 2010, 05:19:48 PM
Okay then, this was on BBC4 about 3 1/2 years ago, I think it was from somewhere Scandinavian. All I remember is, a bloke with a beard on a ladder in his living room - or possibly the beard was on someone else and I've conflated the memories - and someone else looking through a hole in the floor above that living room. Someone goes to Finland at some point. I know, it sounds rivetting doesn't it, but it had a great tone to it, slow like a well-filmed short story by whoever the Scandinavian Raymond Carver is, and I wouldn't mind buying it.

A pile of cliches, you're thinking, but I don't want to watch just any film with ladders, floor holes and Finland trips in, I want this particular one.

Thanks for any input. Didn't realise this wasn't just one person's thread when I first saw it so I hope I haven't boobed and made a mess.

It's not 'Kitchen Stories' is it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323872/

It's set in Norway, and the plot has a guy being observed Mass Observation style by a chap who sits on a stepladder/highchair thing observing him in his everday activities around the house.

turnstyle

Quote from: Cohaagen on November 26, 2010, 08:21:33 PM
Something from late-night BBC1, aired in the early 90s.

Two dogs - one large and shaggy, the other a sort of scrappy terrier-type thing - on a long journey padding across America. In one scene a young girl gives the smaller dog her neck chain and says "Here, this'll protect you on your way". Five minutes later it is hit by a car. Since then I have been haunted by the shot of that poor animal looking over its shoulder accompanied by the screech of tyres.

Hmmm, could it be Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107131/

VegaLA

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on November 26, 2010, 07:57:26 PM
It's started to bother me.

So this does not seem familiar?

Nope, nor is it Jack's Wife/Season of the witch, which I checked only yesterday.

I did not imagine this. I remember the final scene was in a living room, it was dark save for the glow of a fire in the fireplace, the couple were celebrating the fact that the Husband and his With of a Wife had foiled the other Witches plans of killing him. Just after she stabs him in the back with the butter knife i'm sure the credits roll over as the camera pans to the fireplace. Probably.

Are you still bothered? I am.

lipsink

Did anyone ever have the video for Robocop in the eighties? I remember there was trailers for The Terminator and the Sean Penn film Colors before it but there was a Shallow Grave-type American comedy with 2 or 3 girls find a suitcase full of money and the criminals who own it come after them. I remember at the end of the trailer one of the girls gets caught upside down on the side of a building and then falls off. I remember all the girls were dressed like Cyndi Lauper and it all looked quite kinky and adult to my innocent 8 year old mind.

Tiny Poster

Why would a Homeward Bound remake be on late-night BBC1?