Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Awful game titles

Started by quadraspazzed, December 04, 2010, 01:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chand

Quote from: madhair60 on December 04, 2010, 04:15:10 PMClive Barker's Jericho

Nobody cares, Hellraiser's shit now.

And yet, the name was arguably the least irritating thing about that fucking game.

Little Hoover

Quote from: madhair60 on December 04, 2010, 04:15:10 PM
Bioshock: Infinite

It's Bioshock 3 you fucking cunts.

Nah because that would suggest it's part of the rapture franchise. It's set before those games, so 3 wouldn't be right, not that infinite is a good title.

Can't believe you've seriously done the final fantasy complaint as well, that would only make sense if there had been a series of games just called "fantasy"

Still Not George

Also, "Final" in this context is a mistranslation of "Ultimate", as you well know you Game Fuck-writing person.

Consignia

The Japanese can get some really bad ones when they just use English words they don't fully understand to make it look cool. For example:

Melty Blood
Birth By Sleep
Dearly Stars
Trusty Bell
Made in Wario

Jemble Fred

And Infinite Undiscovery.

(Oh, and Shadows of the bloody Damned... but that's not badly translated, just inane.)

Shadows of the Ruddy Damned, Lynn!

quadraspazzed

Tobal No. 1

I actually dreamed about this game last night - specifically I dreamed I was taking part in the crappy Quest Mode for some reason. Many years ago a friend was sent to rent "Tekken, or some fighting game that isn't shite". He came back with this. I guess the memory of it's awfulness has stayed with me all this time.

Phil_A

Quote from: Consignia on December 05, 2010, 11:08:40 AM
The Japanese can get some really bad ones when they just use English words they don't fully understand to make it look cool. For example:

Melty Blood
Birth By Sleep
Dearly Stars
Trusty Bell
Made in Wario

Not to mention...

madhair60

Oh, I forgot!  The game I beat just this morning!

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

WHAT OVER WHAT

Edit: "Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep" actually makes sense, in context.  The aforementioned does not.

Edit 2: As far as all the (two) complaints regarding Just Cause and Final Fantasy go, I wasn't being serious.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

LETS GO DOWN THE STREET AND ROCK SOME SHIT OVER

Oh. Real ones.

madhair60

FUCK UPPER II: UP IN YOUR SHIT

gmoney

SALIVA PRODUCTION 2: MASTICATION SENSATION

madhair60

KICK ASS FUCK BITCHES: THE SHITCUNTGUN

HARAKIRI HIGH: SKOOL'S OUT 4EVA

madhair60

Mister Six

Still Not George

TITS TITS TITS

Ok, that would probably be quite good.

Consignia

And probably already exists.

Willie Nelson

"Help! It's the Unfinished Shadow Game"

madhair60

DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME BEACH VOLLEYBALL

'Cos there's no way that's a thing.

ThickAndCreamy

DEFEND, DEFEND, DEFEND: WITH PHIL NEVILLE.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Once you've had Shaq there ain't going back. Mainly because of newly acquired disabilities.

Danger Man

Quote from: Consignia on December 05, 2010, 11:08:40 AM
The Japanese can get some really bad ones when they just use English words they don't fully understand to make it look cool.

Bastards!

Hmmm.....now there's an idea....

Consignia

Speaking of Waseieigo silliness, not a game but there is a manga about to start in Japan called "Soul Eater Not!". Ok, I'll give them Soul Eater, since it's the (very ridiculous) name of the main character, but appending "Not!" to a statement outside of a Wayne's World-style denial is just bizarre.

weekender

No he's not, there he is on the left.

mycroft

I don't know who wrote that tagline, but I'd have loved to have seen the look on his kid's face when he saw it.

Not to be outdone by Shaq....

Not until you ask politely, young man.

Neil

The 8-bit classics reminded me of this:

By DuncanC, I think Munday's was helping out with the script, but it never got completed.