Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:03:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your shit aaaaaaaah! Sports jumble game

Started by phes, December 04, 2010, 10:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the midnight watch baboon

MATCHDAY II Man Utd vs Arsenal

Participants thus far - anyone can join in before kick off... (need some collateral and an unique score prediction!)

themidnightwatchbaboon - Let the right one in (blu ray) 4-2
TBC - 16gb sd card (not micro, soz) 2-0
alcoholicmessiah - rights to his avatar/wording combo for 1 month 2-1
phes - brand new etch a sketch 3-1
gmoney - well thumbed copy of Trainspotting 1-0
Queneau - bright lights big city, The last bachelor (books) 3-2
buntyman - swordfish hd dvd 2-2
Lyndon - positive thoughts remotely projected to winner 7-1
ThickAndCreamy - the rights to write my will 2-4
chocky909 - Sealed copy of Four Lions on DVD 1-1
Crabwalk - Sealed copy of CD album 'Two Dancers' by Wild Beasts 1-2

Not sure whether to include DPT's reputation, but for 5-5 hey may as well.

Less than TWO HOURS to go! Here's some team news I've excitingly copied and pasted from the BBC... Am prolly going out to watch the game so will catch up with the thread later. CAHMMMMMMMMMMM OHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 4-2

Manchester United pair Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes have recovered from respective hamstring and groin problems for Monday's match.

Wes Brown and Jonny Evans have had a virus but are also available.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has given Cesc Fabregas only a "small chance" of facing United.

Kieran Gibbs is out with a twisted ankle suffered against Partizan Belgrade, but Johan Djourou may return from a thigh strain.

ThickAndCreamy

I forgot I chose Arsenal to win 4 - 2.

Fucking hell, I have no chance. I might get a few beers at shout at the computer screen mind, especially as I want Man United to win so whatever happens I'm going to end the night disappointed.

gmoney

Queneau

United are all over this. I don't think it'll be 3-2 but it was the best one left.

buntyman

I'm quite excited and also very confident. Few people have gone for an Arsenal win so if they do, it could be yet another
ROLLOVER

Queneau

Quote1908: BREAKING ARSENAL TEAM NEWS
Wojciech Szczesny starts in goal because Lukasz Fabianski is not fit. Cesc Fabregas is on the bench.

1906: BREAKING MAN UTD TEAM NEWS
Sir Alex Ferguson goes with a 4-5-1 formation. Dimitar Berbatov is left out, with Wayne Rooney up front on his own.

Depressed Beyond Tables

gmoney

buntyman

Plenty more goals in this game i'm afraid.

Every player is still in with a shout! 4-2 not looking too likely, but anything can happen in the Prem. He said in an ersatz Sky reporter way. Staying in.

Depressed Beyond Tables

The Andy Gray summary at half time is unnecessarily embarrassing.

buntyman

I'm watching on a stream which had this very strange advert on at half time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFWNz5Uc7Y

Depressed Beyond Tables

Nani there proving twice why he's an idiot bird brained Michael Jackson in Thriller lookalike.

Tokyo Sexwhale

2133: MISSED PENALTY (Wayne Rooney blasted a mile over)
2131: PENALTY to Man Utd (Gael Clichy hand-ball on the floor)

gmoney

buntyman

Could've saved a lot of us some considerable misery though - wouldn't we have to send our shit to China if Man U win 2-0?

gmoney

gmoney

Yes! That's a fucking monkey off my back! I guess I'll have to offer something better than a tatty book next time

Crabwalk

Jammy cunt. Enjoy your swag, and send a pie to Wayne 'Waddle' Rooney.

buntyman

Congratulations gmoney, looks like this game has saved you the effort of doing christmas shopping this year

gmoney

I PM the others with my address with minimal gloating now do I?

Queneau

Welll done Garth Money! I think you now get to choose the next exciting game, whilst we all have to find new stuff to gamble.

May I remind everyone not to scrawl weird stuff all over the prize packages so as not to offend family/partner/postie. Mwahoha!

gmoney

If you offend my postie, I'll never forgive you.

Ok, I'll pick........

West Brom vs. Wolverhampton, Sunday 19th December 12.00 PM

Midlands derby! Any objections?

buntyman

Chelsea v Man U would seem the obvious choice as most people are likely to be watching anyway.

gmoney

I was a bit leery of doing another Man U game, but I don't mind if no one else does.

alcoholic messiah

Phew! I'm glad that penalty didn't go in, leaving my online identity in Bosto's mean and unforgiving hands.

In contrast, gmoney is a wise man, a kind man. Certainly not the kind of person who would foist a gratuitously offensive avatar/text combo on me.

No siree.