Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Full films on Youtube

Started by Famous Mortimer, December 09, 2010, 07:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

isn't the time difference just an ntsc/pal framerate difference thing. films in the uk run slightly faster and so have slightly shorter runtimes than stated on imdb?

Herbert Ashe

I've just discovered that Mosfilm's youtube channel contains, among loads of other interesting looking stuff, legit and subtitled Tarvovsky, eg Mirror and Solaris. Only downside is navigating the cyrillic. NYT article.

bomb_dog

Destroyer - 1988.

I've yet to watch this yet, but it looks full of late 80's straight-to-video horror-cheese. The trailer is also online and looks, erm... 'good', so one day soon I'll try to force myself through it.... I mean, he's got a gunsight on the drill!

DeStrOYer88 1/9

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroyer_%28film%29

I watched this on Youtube, for a film course at university:

ENGSub North Korean Guys [1/11]

I can't possibly imagine how it would work on the big screen.

EDIT: Didn't realize it had such a great freeze frame!

Grudge 1 .. what is its story?

mycroft

I was very happy today to find 1975's Royal Flash, with Malcolm MacDowall and Oliver Reed, as I don't think it's ever been released on Region 2.

Royal Flash

They maybe go a bit far with Flashman's comic side (he could hold his own in a fight and wasn't as generally as clumsy as he is shown here), but it's a rollicking good swashbuckler with some great funny moments and brilliant fight scenes. Top roll-call of British talent, as well - Ackland, Sim, David Jason, plenty others.

Custard

Return To Oz: The Joy That Got Away.

A cracking fan-made documentary on the (slightly) underrated, terrifying sequel

Return To Oz: The Joy That Got Away [1/7]