Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:40:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Christ the animation in that Arkham City Trailer's alright, isn't it?

Started by Jumble Cashback, December 12, 2010, 08:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumble Cashback

Just watched the trailer for the new Batman game and I've got to say, I was astounded by how real the characters look.  Perhaps it's because I watched in quite a small viewer, but bloody hell, it looks amazing.  The trailer also reveals the arch-villain for this outing.  Here's a link:  http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/112147-batman-arkham-city-trailer-reveals-villain

Zero Gravitas

Mister Six

Quote from: Jumble Cashback on December 12, 2010, 08:31:58 PM
Just watched the trailer for the new Batman game and I've got to say, I was astounded by how real the characters look.  Perhaps it's because I watched in quite a small viewer, but bloody hell, it looks amazing.  The trailer also reveals the arch-villain for this outing.  Here's a link:  http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/112147-batman-arkham-city-trailer-reveals-villain

Christ, my erection just punched clean through my trousers. Good job Catwoman wasn't in it or I'd have taken my head off.

Hopefully this means a change in art style from the hideous character models used in the first game.

El Unicornio, mang

Wow, those are the best graphics I have ever seen. I thought I was watching a video for the first 15 seconds or so

AsparagusTrevor

Harpo Speaks

Is this footage actually going to be in the cut-scenes then?

Amusingly this thread shows as 'Christ the animation' on the forum front page.

Still Not George

I'm still getting my breath back after the Mass Effect 3 video.

Jemble Fred

Very tasty indeed – even though I don't mind admitting that I've never even heard of Hugo Strange. But hell, it's a CGI ad, so has no bearing on the gameplay. Luckily the gameplay will be more of the same greatness as Arkham Asylum.

Dead kate moss

I've given up on gaming for the moment. Let me know if they do a GTA/Sandbox style game featuring Marvel characters a la Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

bitesize

i really thought i was watching some live action stuff at points in there, stunning. doesn't really have any bearing on how the game's actually gonna turn out but i have faith they'll put it out the bag... anticipation levels at maximum!

MojoJojo

Well, Batman fighting some special ops type dudes offeres hope fro a bit more variation in enemies than the first game, which was one of it's weaknesses.

Glebe

Wow, very tasty indeed... Hugo Strange sounds like Christopher Lee, don't think it is him, though.

Still Not George

bitesize

^ yeah some really high profile reveal videos, Batman, Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3

haven't heard anything about who actually won any awards mind...

I really want to post in here but can't word it in any way that isn't a spoiler for something or someone. Gah.

Marv Orange

Quote from: The Region Legion on December 13, 2010, 11:16:03 PM
I really want to post in here but can't word it in any way that isn't a spoiler for something or someone. Gah.

Spoiler alert
Know what you mean. Seems weird. Unless rumours are confused.
[close]

Quote from: Marv Orange on December 13, 2010, 11:28:04 PM

Spoiler alert
Know what you mean. Seems weird. Unless rumours are confused.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Well since you at least know what I'm talking about, I was going to say that Hugo Strange being in this game doesn't necessarily preclude him from appearing the film too... if anything, I think it confirms it - Warner Bros. want to make the public more familiar with the character before the film comes out.
[close]

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It's reet good, Neomod. Enjoy.

Quote from: The Region Legion on December 14, 2010, 12:45:24 AM
Spoiler alert
Well since you at least know what I'm talking about, I was going to say that Hugo Strange being in this game doesn't necessarily preclude him from appearing the film too... if anything, I think it confirms it - Warner Bros. want to make the public more familiar with the character before the film comes out.
[close]
Well that doesn't seem like such a big spoiler, but when in Rome.
Spoiler alert
That is quite possible. The counterpoint would be the so called 'Bat embargo' from a few years back, when DC stopped letting Batman villains appear in the Justice League cartoon to avoid clashing with the films and new cartoon The Batman.
[close]

mcbpete

samadriel

El Unicornio, mang

Wow, it's like you're actually there in that....not sure, think it's a disused warehouse or something