Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Mister Six, December 13, 2010, 08:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

thanks jack, but that sounds a little beyond my techy capabilities, i'm that inept i'm not even sure how i managed to get the ISO thing to work in the first place. i had a bit of a play on it yesterday evening and diddled with the graphic settings and it looks far better than i remembered, but i think it needs a patch or two from what i can make out. i nearly bought it on steam last night, but apparently it's a bit of a mare to mod that version, so it's off to ebay for me. soon flossie will have massive jugs as she batters HUGE MUDCRABS to chitlins. there had better be HUGE MUDCRABS 'cos if not this whole exercise will have been an utter waste of my precious leisure hours.

mcbpete

Quote from: mook on July 31, 2014, 08:35:10 AM
i nearly bought it on steam last night, but apparently it's a bit of a mare to mod that version
Really - I'm surprised, my version of Skyrim (and Fallout 3) was bought on Steam and there doesn't seem to be any issues with Nexus Mod Manager tweaking things

mook

Quote from: mcbpete on July 31, 2014, 10:51:32 AM
Really - I'm surprised, my version of Skyrim (and Fallout 3) was bought on Steam and there doesn't seem to be any issues with Nexus Mod Manager tweaking things

i just read a few posts on some forum i googled up where people were having trouble modding the steam version. mind, they might have just been as rubbish at computers as i am.

mcbpete

Looks like you should be fine - http://steamcommunity.com/app/22330/discussions/0/846955554661034447/
The only real difference between the Steam and Non-steam version is the install directory, which NMM should compensate for anyway when it detects what games you have installed

Mobius

I haven't had any issues using the Fallout Mod Manager with New Vegas via Steam so I would imagine Skyrim is the same deal really.

mook

Quote from: Mobius on August 02, 2014, 01:28:07 AM
I haven't had any issues using the Fallout Mod Manager with New Vegas via Steam so I would imagine Skyrim is the same deal really.

i think i just happened upon a forum full of numpties when i googled if it was a bother modding the steam version of oblivion. anyway i've got a copy winging it's way to me from play, so it should be here early next week. i'll grab skyrim and all the dlc the next time steam have it on offer, i think the game and all the dlcs were only about a tenner in the summer sale. but that can wait, it took me months to finish skyrim and i imagine the same will happen with oblivion - looking forward to arseing about with the mods though, there's tons of 'em!

I wish I had a desktop computer still. I would love to play some modded skyrim but I just hate computers and never use one anymore even my laptop. Pray for me. Have fun.

stranger

Quote from: stranger on June 27, 2014, 05:43:17 PM

Regarding achievements, I appear to have bungled the 'Collect 15 Daedric artifacts' one by killing that annoying dog Barbas in the Daedra's Best Friend quest.

I think I know the answer, but is there any console command trickery or anything else that can be done to correct this? I deleted a batch of saved game files, including all the files before this quest (go me!) so I think my only option is to start a new character and do all the bloody quests again.

Problem solved, Auriel's Bow counts towards the Oblivion Walker achievement! Who knew? Not me, that's for sure. All achievements now unlocked, phew. 

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on July 29, 2014, 09:21:03 PM

MUST PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT MUST PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT MUST PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT MUST PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT MUST PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Tell me about it. I've finally finished all the quest lines and official DLC but after browsing nexus mods I've gone and downloaded Wyrmstooth and Falskaar now. There's no escape!

mcbpete

My lady is still taking in the lovely world (either that or is contemplating ending it all after these 100ish hours)

mook

i don't know what is says about us, but it seems every bloke here has chosen to play through skyrim with a lass for their character.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pff I didn't girls are pansies

mcbpete

Quote from: mook on August 23, 2014, 05:24:33 PM
i don't know what is says about us, but it seems every bloke here has chosen to play through skyrim with a lass for their character.
Always play as ladies when given the choice in puter games for some reason (probably as for a couple of decades it's been pretty much nothing but blokes in games so makes a nice change when given the choice)

Thursday

Yeah I do it because Feminism and PHWOOOARRR.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

By having a female sidekick I have passively consented to maintaining the patriachal status quo.

But in typical fake white knight fashion I have armed her with double wielding flame throwing staffs because I don't trust her ability to stay alive independently.

mcbpete

Got the volumetric fog stuff sorted now which has kinda killed the frame rate but .... damn it looks good !

Moribunderast

Quote from: Thursday on August 24, 2014, 11:38:25 AM
Yeah I do it because Feminism and PHWOOOARRR.

I do it for those reasons but also because I play my characters as insensitive, nasty fuckers who'll backstab their friends at a moment's notice and stop at nothing to get ahead. Just to reaffirm my own feelings re: women. My Fallout: New Vegas character was a particularly sick fuck. Named her after my mum, I did. She doesn't know what she's done but I do.

I do.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Thursday on August 24, 2014, 11:38:25 AM
Yeah I do it because Feminism

This was my character, Lilith the Breton

Moribunderast

One for the PHWOAR thread there, ziggy.

Cerys

I'm feeling ... conflicted.

falafel

What the fuck is this game? I just started playing it, promptly bunny hopped up a mountain and got hopelessly involved in a 45 minute stand-off with an ice troll that I had no chance of killing. I somehow felt this was a valid use of my time.

This thing is evil.

Thursday

I've just rebought this on the steam sale for my new PC with DLC included since I only had the vanilla PS3 version before. I know there's all manner of mods for this, so are there any particular highlights, both in terms of ridiculous/silly one's and the kind that just offer mild improvements to the game.

I'd really really love to have a proper rig to run this and a shitload of gorgeous mods. I've had few feelings in a game like hearing the swell of the dawn theme and seeing a friendly town in the distance.

FUSS-RO-DAH

Thursday

I actually really skimped on the graphics card because the cost was already spiraling beyond what I wanted to pay and I'm already regretting it.

Oh looks like there's a whole article on survial mods here http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/22/skyrim-survival-mods/

Thursday

It's odd playing this without being able to rotate things in the loading screens several times, I can't even manage a 180 degree rotation.