Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Mister Six, December 13, 2010, 08:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyTree

I hope it'll be Morrowind merged with Oblivion. And I must be able to climb trees. And fly/levitate. And read minds. Waiting for a decent price, so I'll think about it in a year's time.

Slaaaaabs

HappyTree

Nice to hear the familiar music from Morrowind. What with this, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II I need never live in the real world again.

Big Jack McBastard

Cerys

Pardon me while I abduct Jeremy Soule and snuggle his brain.

Still Not George

I keep hearing "tubby gits" over and over in the voice parts.

Slaaaaabs

Quote from: Still Not George on February 24, 2011, 06:41:31 PM
I keep hearing "tubby gits" over and over in the voice parts.

I swear I heard "fuck me this is great" in the opening lines.

uglybob1986

Quote from: Slaaaaabs on February 24, 2011, 03:52:13 PM
First gameplay trailer is out...
Is it Max von Sydow doing the voiceover in the trailer?

Is there any word on the magic having environmental effects as well as damage? Like using ice to freeze water, fire to melt ice, or shock to stun water borne enemies?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The choir thing is atrocious. Let me fucking throttle Jeremy Soule.

The shots over the valleys though. Oh god. semen producing

Cerys

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 25, 2011, 03:05:25 AM
The choir thing is atrocious. Let me fucking throttle Jeremy Soule.

BLASPHEMY

Slaaaaabs

Quote from: uglybob1986 on February 25, 2011, 02:12:22 AM
Is it Max von Sydow doing the voiceover in the trailer?

Is there any word on the magic having environmental effects as well as damage? Like using ice to freeze water, fire to melt ice, or shock to stun water borne enemies?

It is von Sydow, which adds to the Conan feel even more.

Not sure about the elemental interaction, it was definitely fun in Bioshock

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I heard the choirs chanting "FUCK, FUCK, FUCK YES!" Which to be honest is what I always think when I hear dramatic nonsensical chanting in trailers, I'm a complete sucker for it.

This is very appealing to my inner nerd. I lost quite a lot of my life to Oblivion before my computer crashed and the data gone, and I couldn't bear to put all that effort in again so I never returned to complete it. I never even proceeded with the main quest beyond the first task or so, I was quite happy to wander round and find weird cursed villages and churches with murderous pagans in robes inside and do sidequests and guilds and what-have-you. I'm not sure if I can justify plunging my life into an RPG-shaped hole again, but thinking about it is making me slightly lubricated so we'll have to see.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cerys on February 25, 2011, 09:56:28 AM
BLASPHEMY

I have no memory of making that post. On balance I think I overreacted. I don't like the main score for Oblivion really, and that doesn't quite work either I don't think. It's not atrocious though and Jeremy Soule definitely doesn't deserve to be throttled.

There. UNIVERSAW BAWANSE IS WESTORWED

I DEFINITELY DID NOT DESEWVE VAT

uglybob1986

Quote from: Slaaaaabs on February 26, 2011, 01:30:23 AM
It is von Sydow, which adds to the Conan feel even more.

Not sure about the elemental interaction, it was definitely fun in Bioshock
Ah, I thought so.
Bioshock was exactly what I was thinking of, also the fire/ ice arrows from the N64 Zeldas

FartOnMyBalls

The two main points that spoiled Oblivion for me were that it scaled to your level removing any feeling of acheivement, and that the scenery was so fucking repetitive. If this entry in the series fixes those issues ill bloody love it

Huzzie

I had never really played any RPG's before Oblivion. I gave a Final Fantasy game a go but thought it was an idiot. I just presumed that RPG's weren't for me's.

I quickly fell in love with Oblivion though and I reckon it may still be my favourite game.

I've never played Morrowind before but I've just installed it and I'm looking forward to getting in to it.

Thing is, though, from what I've read, it's pretty neccassary to install a load of mods, for the best experience. I think, being a casual gamer and being spoilt with the recent 360 type graphics, I really want a mod that makes Morrowind look more Obliviony and they are out there but I really don't know which ones I should go for.

Ideally I'd love to be able to just download a pack, a RAR file or something of all the best mods.

If anyone knows if something like that is available, could you please point me in the right direction?
If a compilation mod pack isn't available, I'd be ever so grateful if someone could please maybe list a few that you think I should install. Y'know, the ones you like to use.

Thank you for your time. I can't wait to start but I really want to get these mods on first.

Cheers!

Viero_Berlotti

New in game footage from E3. Slightly spoilerific if you don't want to see the dragons until you play.

"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" E3 Gameplay Demo

It really does look amazing though.

Benevolent Despot

The main thing I took from E3 was that all on-camera games journalists are berks. But yes Skrim does look amazing.

Big Jack McBastard

I didn't realise they were debuting the Presenter TeleporterTM at E3, seems to have worked at least.

Still Not George

Quote from: Benevolent Despot on June 14, 2011, 01:03:20 AM
The main thing I took from E3 was that all on-camera games journalists except Jemble Fred are berks. But yes Skrim does look amazing.
Fixed that for you.

Benevolent Despot

Jemble Fred

I'm touched!

Kung Fu Panda 2 on the 360 is arse, by the way.

Cerys

Tokyo Sexwhale

Only 9 or so days until this is out.  Demo videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imH4Ncoe9Gs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En3jCg7KYjs&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ntoCxhGkw&feature=relmfu

I've played Nords in Oblivion and Morrowind, so am looking forward to my "homecoming".

Big Jack McBastard

Oh this is so getting bought the instant it comes out.

Dark Souls and Gears of War 3 be dammed..

Tokyo Sexwhale

The graphics look much improved, other things I'm hoping for:

An interesting main quest
Companions
Fewer repetitive caves (and Oblivion Gate-type areas)
Massive game area
Flying/Levitation - one of the best things about Morrowind, and lacking in Oblivion

Viero_Berlotti

Saving this for a Xmas day treat. Hope they've improved the combat, didn't really get on with it much in Oblivion. Love the exploration aspect though, so will be looking forward to sitting down on Xmas day evening with a large glass of rum and having a wander around.

Mister Six

Quote from: Benevolent Despot on June 14, 2011, 02:36:21 AM
Ok, I think we can also exempt IGN's Jessica Chobot.

Jessica Chobot renders Fall Out Boy speechless

"This video is private", apparently - can you tell us what happens in it?

small_world

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on November 02, 2011, 09:42:30 PM
Only 9 or so days until this is out.  Demo videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imH4Ncoe9Gs

Very excited by the trailer, up to 8mins, where the protagonist whips out his bow and starts retreat-firing. Hmm...

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mister Six on November 03, 2011, 09:01:17 PM
"This video is private", apparently - can you tell us what happens in it?
It's some inadvertently dirty joke, my memory is poor but it's like a reference to "camel toe" that the woman in question isn't aware of but the band are. Something like that, but not exactly that.