Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1001 films that are NOT worth watching

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, December 15, 2010, 05:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vrailaine

Thought he was very good in the grey to be honest, even made that utterly ridiculous ending work. That film came out in January and got into a few end of year lists, like.

Pretty sure he cares more about being permanently drunk than he does about the quality of films he's in though.

The Duck Man

Quote from: vrailaine on October 20, 2013, 01:02:38 PM
Thought he was very good in the grey to be honest, even made that utterly ridiculous ending work. That film came out in January and got into a few end of year lists, like.
Well, I have to admit I haven't seen any of the films I'm slagging off there! Just the trailers.

Quote from: vrailaine on October 20, 2013, 01:02:38 PMPretty sure he cares more about being permanently drunk than he does about the quality of films he's in though.
Oh really? Is that a "known" thing?

onthebeach

Oooh yes, throw Unknown in as one to watch if you've got a lot of time, no desire to concentrate and there's nothing else on, not even a cookery show.

kngen

Not a film obviously, but his cameo in Life's Too Short was the one thing in it that made me laugh - someone should write a nice dry, deadpan comedy role for him[nb]Not fucking Gervais though - no chance![/nb].

checkoutgirl

Quote from: The Duck Man on October 20, 2013, 12:55:27 PM
I do worry about Liam Neeson..... since about 2009........ he's made predominantly total and utter shite.

I think his wife suddenly died that year in a freakish accident where she got a knock on the head so maybe that's a reason to worry. I agree that Neeson has basically tried to become Arnie over the last few years and if you want to be the super rich A list actor it helps if you just do a load of crap action films. Say what you like but the biggest most popular films are very often nonsense action films. Leeson clearly wants a piece of it. I don't know why, maybe it's a distraction, throw yourself into an action film career to forget the emotional pain of losing your true love. I don't know but there's some reason behind Leeson becoming Jean Claude Schwarzenneger over the last few years.

Taken is just constant brainless action with no let up, Unknown is absolute nonsense but I quite liked The Grey.

I wouldn't be too hard on Leeson for his recent career choices, he's had a trying few years lately I'd say.

vrailaine

Quote from: The Duck Man on October 20, 2013, 01:08:31 PM
Well, I have to admit I haven't seen any of the films I'm slagging off there! Just the trailers.
Oh really? Is that a "known" thing?
Haven't seen them but I believe it was advertised as being the guy from Taken fights a load of wolves.  It's a lot more to do with how these men react to facing almost certain slow and painful deaths.

Custard

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 20, 2013, 08:26:24 AM
Taken is brilliant if you see it less as a film and more a chance to watch Liam Neeson be a badass for 90 minutes. There's no dramatic tension, no character development, just him killing assholes and being awesome.

Agreed with this

I hated Taken on my first go round, but rewatched it with family one night, and found it far more agreeable. Just daft, OTT, popcorn fluff, with some decent fight sequences

Plus the run Maggie Grace does in the first few minutes is hi-lairious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz-vA5omI2U

She was about 30

Thomas

She runs like a cheap CGI representation of a gibbon.

Povidone

That run is indeed hilarious, after having a friend detail at great length why he enjoyed the film I have softened to it a bit, not to the point I can be arsed watching it again but certainly showed me how it could have been entertainingly shit rather than just shit. The karaoke bit at the start alone is priceless. I guess I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to appreciate it.

Wasn't aware of the stuff with his wife checkoutgirl, kind of makes sense I suppose. I don't really have a problem with his career choices as I've never been that fussed about him as an actor anyway, but I have to admit to having been puzzled by his recent schlock ubiquitousness.

Hank Venture

Ender's Game.

One of the worst movies I've seen.

Subtle Mocking

It was a shit book too, so no surprises there.