Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

For the attention of Doctor Who fans

Started by Lookalike Mark Chapman, December 16, 2010, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Sky

Quote from: Jake Thingray on December 19, 2010, 09:12:59 PM
I had hoped it might have been started with satirical intent.

It was, actually, yes...  The original concept - which still shines through - was to satirise, poke fun at, occasionally ridicule, but all the while celebrate fandom.

Obviously we would never devote an iota of energy to ridiculing or satirising something we hated...what would be the point in that?!

QuoteGod knows, "the show" as you lot call it, as though no other show exists, must be about ready for a backlash by now.

Now you're just being completely ludicrous!  I've been a Doctor Who fan for twenty years now, and I'd be a fan of it if the revival had crashed and burned back in 2005.  Hell, I was a fan for the fifteen long, painful, difficult years whilst there was no "the show", and was bullied for admitting I liked it.  I'd have made this fanzine even if every single episode was wiped by the BBC and no-one else had ever heard about it.

So there.

I'm sorry for your problems, and I don't think there would be any shame in talking to a professional about it.  As entertaining as you and this little sidetrack has been, this is not a thread about your problems with the programme.  There are other threads on this board for that, or please, come over to Gallifrey Base where you could talk about it there to your heart's content.

I am sorry to be narcissistic, but this thread is about our creation, which you have made clear enough you are not interested in.  So enough of this, please.  Thank you.

Blumf

Mister Six

Quote from: Jake Thingray on December 19, 2010, 09:12:59 PM
I had hoped it might have been started with satirical intent. God knows, "the show" as you lot call it, as though no other show exists, must be about ready for a backlash by now.

The two-page pisstake of Russell T Davies's diaries isn't satirical? The comic strip about professional curmudgeon Lawrence Miles isn't satirical?

Man, fair enough if you don't like the show but I don't entirely understand how shitting all over someone else's hard work is appropriate. Especially when the thread's called 'Attention Doctor Who fans' - why not go over to General Bullshit and moan about the series in your own thread?

Still Not George

Quote from: Jake Thingray on December 19, 2010, 09:02:18 PM
It's not a topic I'm not interested in, it's a topic that ruined my life. Twice.

Seriously, guys, interview JT for the next issue. It'd be winsauce on a base of awesome with a side of irony and self-deprecation.