Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BFBC2 Vietnam

Started by Neomod, December 17, 2010, 03:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI4QThzaBTM

Any one looking forward to this? It's out on the 21st December and I'm tempted to buy BC2 just to play it.

I enjoyed BC1 so is the core game  more of the same or bigger, better strongerer?

El Unicornio, mang

I'm a pretty big Vietnam conflict buff, so this will be right up my alley, especially as the BFBC games have all been pretty impressive

Neomod

Bought it! Looking forward to taking the Huey in to the Ride of the Valkyries tonight.

Ignatius_S

What BFBC2  like? I was very tempted to get it cheap on Steam, especially because of this new add-on, but have read the single-player storyline is rather short.

El Unicornio, mang

BFBC2 Vietnam getting very good reviews, 9.5 on IGN

BFBC2 is very good, I_S

Ignatius_S

Ah, that's sold me then - cheers!

Exit

You might have noticed that BFBC2 is on sale on Steam for £6.79 right now, which is a staggering bargain.  Easily the best online FPS, and available at a ridiculously low price...

Ignatius_S

Yup, that was why I mentioned it! I'm not overly interested in the online aspect, but at this price wondered if it was worth a punt.

Took a risk and grabbed it. Now I just hope it runs on my computer. BF2142 runs OK, but that's a couple years old at least.

Neomod

Just had a quick half an hour on it and got my arse royally handed to me each time. Are people's stats being transfered over from BC2 as they all seem to be much more advanced than me?[nb]I only got BC2 yesterday so am still a low ranking grunt[/nb]

Exit

They are carried forward, as far as I can tell.

Regarding stats in general, it doesn't take too long to level up, at least at the start.  The quickest class for building up your stats is probably Medic: once you get the ability to heal and revive, you can score fairly highly by doing so.  Hopping in the machine gun turret of a tank helps too: you'll last longer.

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on December 21, 2010, 03:37:54 PM
Took a risk and grabbed it. Now I just hope it runs on my computer. BF2142 runs OK, but that's a couple years old at least.

Runs OK on lowish res and settings. Great fun. The single player campaign was good fun, though short, as they always are now. But online was a blast.