Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Game fail

Started by weekender, December 17, 2010, 09:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

There are, of course, times when you fail at games. 

Sometimes though, you fail spectacularly in a way that you can't imagine was actually possible.  Here's mine.

Me, 21, pissed, lock-in at a pub, Zelda on the GameCube. 

Someone convinced me that I was playing a fishing game, so I spent about an hour sitting there fishing trying to work out what was going on.

I'd like to claim that I landed the Hylian Loach, but I didn't, I just sat there playing what I thought was a relatively realistic fishing simulation.  For an hour.

It was only when I got up for a wee that I realised that I could actually have moved the controller and got out of the little pond and gone exploring and perhaps doing something along what the game was designed for.

Are there any other examples of when you have completely and utterly failed to understand a game, or life itself?

Borboski

small_world

When I was little I entertained my younger cousin for hours, while I played the one player Alex The Kid in (I think)  Miracle World, by letting him hold the second controller and telling him he was 'the baddies'.
Poor little fucker. Right and left for hours.

Big Jack McBastard

I had another go of StarQuake and A Day in The Life on an emulator recently, I cannot believe how easily stumped by them I was as a nipper, does that count?

madhair60

buntyman

That's excellent! I do that sort of stuff all the time in games - yesterday I was nearing completion of Halo 3, the final act had me driving on unstable ground away from a building on the brink of explosion (the finer details of the story eluded me). Anyway, just as I was approaching the final ramp, preparing for the big jump onto my escape spaceship, I pressed the get-out-of-car button instead of the powerslide one and ended up standing there to watch my only means away from certain death roll tamely off the edge. The tension was completely absent in the repeat attempt.

babyshambler

I, erm, once sat for ten minutes looking at the stats screen of a Sensible Soccer game during half time. I didn't know you continued to the second half by pressing a button! Humiliating. Apart from this embarrassing episode I am the SWOS king.