Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost 2001 footage found

Started by Old Nehamkin, December 17, 2010, 10:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Nehamkin

Just read this on the AV club:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/seventeen-minutes-of-lost-footage-from-2001-a-spac,49219/

Seventeen minutes of new Kubrickness! Anyone else excited about this?

Feralkid

Yes, and no.

I have seen stills evidently taken from surviving bits of excised first release prints.   It had already started playing engagements when Mr K had those 17 minutes yanked off.   It'll be interesting to see that actual footage but something tells me it was pulled for a reason.   

An tSaoi

I thought Kubrick burned all unused footage, so this is nice to hear. They seem like some very minor clips rather than full-on scenes though.

Famous Mortimer

I could do without more of the monkeys, but from reading the article this sounds pretty damn interesting. Makes me wish I'd not bought it on blu-ray now, because this is going to launch a new round of releases of it.

Johnny Townmouse

I have seen this film more times than any other. For a couple of years I was frighteningly obsessed with it. This news cannot be anything other than fantastic.