Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Guess what film I'm going to watch very shortly?

Started by The Boston Crab, December 18, 2010, 06:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Johnny Townmouse

chocky909

Is it "Ghost In The Busters: The Weishardt Complex"?

chocky909

Fuck me. The bit where him out of Annie McBeal turns into a ghost nanny with red eyes and does a go-go Gadget arm to grab a baby off a windowledge is the low point. Not seen this in years.

Generally, quite decent though, some nice lines, just the baby/painting/Allie McBeal bro bits that are shit.

chocky909

Famous Mortimer

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 18, 2010, 08:32:02 PM
Fuck me. The bit where him out of Annie McBeal turns into a ghost nanny with red eyes and does a go-go Gadget arm to grab a baby off a windowledge is the low point. Not seen this in years.

That's not even close to the worst bit, if anything that's impressively nasty imagery for a family film. The worst bit of Ghostbusters II, which is also the worst joke I've heard in any film (and I've probably mentioned this here before) is:
QuoteLouis Tully: I think you guys are making a big mistake. I do mostly tax law and probate stuff occasionally. I got my law degree at night school.
Ray: Well, that's fine, Louis. We got arrested at night.
Seriously, what the fuck is that?!?!

Incandenza

I'll forgive Louis Tully for anything. Every moment with him in the first film is gold. So there.

Dark Sky

I've never seen Ghostbusters 2, but when I was little I would read the Ladybird book version over and over again.

Incandenza

Quote from: Dark Sky on December 19, 2010, 05:15:12 PM
I've never seen Ghostbusters 2, but when I was little I would read the Ladybird book version over and over again.

I did the exact same thing with Gremlins 2!

Dark Sky

Now.

Gremlins 2 is a brilliant film.

Despite never having seen it, I'm not convinced the same is true of Ghostbusters 2.

AsparagusTrevor

I had a book, comic book type thing, of Gremlins 2 which had some changes to the story to make it more appropriate for kids. One of the most egregious changes was instead of using an arrow with burning Tippex on the end to fry the giant spider Gremlin, Gizmo used special mogwai magic to bless the arrow, which made the spider-gremlin magically vanish!

wheatgod

uglybob1986

It' s the "This evenin', oi'll be mostly watchin' ..." thread!

Jumble Cashback

Oh, come on - we all know the worst bit.  "Something pure..."