Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Verbwhores 'Song Of 2010' Compilation CD Exchange Thing

Started by alan nagsworth, December 20, 2010, 11:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Howdy y'all. Really enjoyed the last little thing like this I can personally remember (and even then it's only because it was my idea... I think) where we exchanged 'essential' compilations of certain genres, times, artists etc. and thought I'd have a go at doing another one. Okay? Okay!

Sooo I have kinda already mentioned in another similar thread what my personal bonafide favourite song of 2010[nb]i.e. Any song, album track or otherwise. Not just singles.[/nb] is, but for now I'm going to call that a choice 'teaser' of what I hope this compilation will eventually be: A compact discual compendium of, say, 15 songs never exceeding, say, 6 minutes[nb]sorry post-rock fans, take one on the chin and think about next year, or do your own CD or something I don't know[/nb] that are, for one reason or another, simply the single-best audio experiences of 2010 for certain users of this here forum.

Don't worry! You don't have to battle to the death or fuck each other to take part. I guess something democratic and fair like a first-come-first-served basis would work best. So, I guess if you want in, get your cock in the hat sharpish! Did I say cock? I meant name!

What happens next? Don't go telling us what your song of the year is, for god's sake! Upload it to a file hosting site and PM me the link. Just let us know in the thread if you're participating so others can see if there are any spaces left. Then, I'll sort the tunes out, probably make some kind of sleeve design, pop them each in their own plastic wallet[nb]maybe even a case! Probably not, though[/nb] and mail out a copy to every one of the, say, 15 people who took part. Also I guess I'll upload the whole thing plus art and nice ID3 tags and everything for the sad saps who never got involved quick enough. Et voila! It's done, everyone's happy.

So, is anyone up for this? Obviously the rules are open to discussion, such as how many people take part, song length, and all that. Let's do it!

CaledonianGonzo

I'm in!  Though I won't be within sniffing distance of a file-hosting service until tomorrow morning, so dunno whether that excludes me or not...!

ziggy starbucks

I'm in[nb]folk music nazi hijacks thread for own purpose[/nb]

alan nagsworth

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on December 20, 2010, 12:16:24 PM
I'm in!  Though I won't be within sniffing distance of a file-hosting service until tomorrow morning, so dunno whether that excludes me or not...!

Oh aye it's not urgent, and as with most things CaB-run they do take some organising so this might not even surface for a month or so, but that gives others plenty of time to stick their oar in doesn't it?

Come on yule slags! Get involved. :)

rjd2

Melodichaze

What a great idea...I'm game! Now to just trim the huge list down to one track :/

alan nagsworth

Come on, yo! We need more people in on the ground floor of this thing! I promise the payout on this baby will be worth it!

Five people involved so far:

alan nagsworth
CaledonianGonzo
ziggy starbucks
rjd2
Melodichaze

Ten more needed, or we'll be doing something like a 'Five Verbwhores Pick Their Three Favorite Tracks Of 2010' instead, and that's far less fun, albeit cheaper on postage/production fees!

wasp_f15ting

alan nagsworth

Ace :D

Might as well get your PMs in as soon as you can, I guess, so that when the final numbers are confirmed I can crack on and do it straight away. Include two tracks just be safe but rank them #1 / #2 so that if the space runs out I know which of the two is the best. But if the numbers stay small I'll use both from each of you.

Cheers, and merry christmas! :)

falafel

alan nagsworth

Eight people involved now. The ones in bold have PM'd/sorted their two choices:

alan nagsworth
CaledonianGonzo
ziggy starbucks
rjd2
Melodichaze
waspy
The Boston Crab
falafel

So, that would mean 16 tracks if I closed this off now (I'm half-tempted to, so we can get this distributed and whatnot within January)... if anyone else is interested, get yer names in now and PM me ASAP with your two tunes. But if I don't get another seven-ish people involved in the next couple of days, I'm gonna keep it as the above list of people with two songs each to keep it fair. Sorry if you put your name in now and find yourself not included - this is plenty of warning. :)

Those who haven't already, PM me with your tunes as soon as you can please! Cheers.

falafel

Oh crap. I will upload and PM tomorrow, the choices have been made.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on January 03, 2011, 12:23:16 PM
how are we doing with this?

Mostly with magic, and a smoke machine.

Everyone PMs me with their two songs of the year, and I burn the lot on to a disc eight times over and mail out a copy to each of the people taking part.

You guys also need to PM me with your addresses innit. I forgot about that. In fact, heavy inebriation and the impending surgical procedure I am undergoing tomorrow have all but wiped this from my current trains of thought, so... apologies for my own tardiness.

Still waiting on waspy, rjd2, CaledonianGonzo and falafel to mail me their song choices. The rest of you, whack your addresses over to me ASAP please! I don't care if this takes all year, I will celebrate the musical achievements of 2010 if it kills me!

Jaffit

Count my good self in if your short? I can probably email you the uploads tomorrow or the next day. Great way to pick up on some undiscovered gems!

rjd2

I shall PM you my mediocre selections tonight baby.

alan nagsworth

Jaffit and Johnny Textface, you IDIOTS. Fucking up my METICULOUS SHIT like this. This is the middle-ground I hoped I would never have to tread! However, if you will observe:

alan nagsworth
CaledonianGonzo
ziggy starbucks
rjd2
Melodichaze
waspy
The Boston Crab
falafel

Two of the eight people originally doing this have still not submitted their two tracks FORFUCKINGSHAME. So if either of you guys can get your selections uploaded and PMed over with your home address sooner than falafel or waspy, you're in. Basically you're all a bunch of dilly-dallying fuck-jars and I'm sorry I ever started this whole tawdry bollocks because at the end of this I will most likely hate one or all of you for the rest of my life. But hey! The greater good. So I'm still willing to bend over backwards and wait. Hell, I don't have anything better to do while my knob heals and I'm housebound and dosed on co-codamol for another week.

It's a race against time! Four supposedly-interested goons fighting for space on this exclusive and exciting compilation! WHO WILL WIN?! Maybe I underestimated the song lengths and you'll all get space, but maybe not!

Basically, the four of you, sort your shit out so we can finish this thing. And those of you who already haven't already given me your delivery addresses...

...jesus, only CaledonianGonzo has taken the time to type his out... The rest of you, send me your fucking addresses soon or I will utilise them in my vicious and embittered revenge plot when this whole thing falls apart due to inactivity.

Much love.
nagsy xxx