Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Four Lions posters from around the world

Started by An tSaoi, December 21, 2010, 01:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An tSaoi

Quote from: Splendora on December 18, 2010, 11:10:40 AM
I wonder what the Polish film poster would look like?
Quote from: Lyndon on December 18, 2010, 11:21:26 AM
That sounds like a great HS Art thread, Four Lions posters from all over the world. I completely unironically enjoy loads of national stereotype jokes. I'm pretty busy with work but if I can think of a country I really hate (Germany maybe) then I might try to knock something up.
Well seeing as no-one's started it yet, I'll get the ball rolling:

So go on, make your own (better) posters.

Mister Six

Holy shit, that is an amazing poster!

Wish I had the time or skills to make something as good. I might bodge something up after the weekend, when I'm bloated and immobile.

An tSaoi

Thanks very much.

I think забавный means funny, but you know what those online translators are like.

alan nagsworth

Whoa, that one's fucking ace.

*removes wanking cap, dons thinking cap*

weirdbeard

Both insanely good.  I'd love to see this thread take off.

An tSaoi

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Erm...yeah. You're supposed to start shit and then people don't get all intimidated.

An tSaoi

El Unicornio, mang

These are all brill. You could get paid to make movie posters, certainly could do better than most of the crap that you see these days.

Wow. The first and last posters there are exceptionally good promotional artwork.

I would happily have them grace my walls, if I had anything on my walls.

Ambient Sheep

I have to say, you do seem to have a real talent for this sort of thing, An tSaoi.  Are you training to become some sort of graphic designer or professional Photoshop monkey?  Because if not, perhaps you should -- you seem to have a very commercial eye for what you're doing!

Small Man Big Horse

Absolutely, these are stunning, I couldn't come up with something as good as that in a million years.

Johnny Townmouse

Fantastic thread, I just wish I could contribute. As an avid collector of Polish film posters, I rather like seeing that Apocalypse Now poster getting monged with Four Lions. Lovely.

If someone could do a chirashi, that would be super!

Yeah, these really are something else, Ant. You annoyingly talented git! I think you've set the bar too high, to be honest.

I can't join in with this thread. I've found my level in the "Literal Movie Posters" thread - namely, brushing out the original film titles from the proper posters, and replacing them with new words in a reasonably similar font! Pretty weak compared to what's going on here.

Carry on.....

Glebe

Fuck me sideways... those are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING BRILLIANT, An tSaoi!

Zero Gravitas

Those are great anne, what's the source from the vier lowen one? Some kind of post-war propaganda?

An tSaoi

Aw thanks everyone. But I would like to see other people having a go.

Here's the original ZG:

Zero Gravitas

Thanks, I'm not sure if that's more or less disturbing.

An tSaoi

Johnny Townmouse

Again, great. They all are. But An tSaoi's initial effort is fucking marvellous. Talented cunt.

sproggy

Splendora

An tSaoi your posters are superb!  I especially like the Polish one.  I was trying to do a collage but it kept going all Revolvery.