Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Film Trailers 2011

Started by wasp_f15ting, December 23, 2010, 04:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

Quote from: Mister Six on February 25, 2011, 12:19:58 PM
POWERS FOR ALGERNON.
Thank you. I was wondering where I'd seen it before.

SteveDave

Quote from: lipsink on February 24, 2011, 07:54:57 PM
This looks so stupid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3AuAoYALcI

There are now faux-medical adverts on the tube for this film with Bradley Cooper & his photoshopped arm proclaiming the ace-ness of The Clear Pill.

Ja'moke

It has Abbie Cornish in that film though. So that's enough to make it worth a look for me.

Small Man Big Horse

Sucker Punch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXzQLvOJnQ

On one hand the dialogue sounds awful, and the director isn't a favourite of mine, but then it does look awfully pretty, and Emily Browning is all rather gorgeous looking...

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: copylight on January 16, 2011, 12:31:50 AM

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3180108569/

Milking the 2012 Armageddon meme for all it's worth and going for that Independence day feeling again by way of district 9. Looks like fun - dying vicariously through American jingoism, woohoo!.

Looks really good from the trailers, though I strongly suspect it won't be. Meanwhile, if it's action packed trailers you want, check out this one for Archipelago:

Archipelago trailer

An odd trailer, in that it presents literally nothing to the audience to suggest it might be worth watching.

copylight

That looks fantastic - After Last Season directed by Ken Loach.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: copylight on March 10, 2011, 07:15:33 AM
That looks fantastic - After Last Season directed by Ken Loach.
I was so excited when I got After Last Season in the post. I think if I had enough strong drugs, I could watch that wonderfully incomprehensible film every day, forever.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 09, 2011, 08:01:08 PM
Sucker Punch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXzQLvOJnQ

On one hand the dialogue sounds awful, and the director isn't a favourite of mine, but then it does look awfully pretty, and Emily Browning is all rather gorgeous looking...

I'll say the same thing I said regarding Limitless, it has Abbie Cornish in it. Sold!

copylight

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 10, 2011, 11:28:56 AM
I was so excited when I got After Last Season in the post. I think if I had enough strong drugs, I could watch that wonderfully incomprehensible film every day, forever.

I want to see this ''after last season'' you speak of immensely.  It isn't available to illegally download in the best quality, mind.

SteveDave

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 09, 2011, 08:01:08 PM
and Emily Browning is all rather gorgeous looking...

I thought this too. Then I realised she was the girl in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. Which made me feel wrong.

Ja'moke

Jemble Fred

People have been heaping praise on that – and I can imagine if you were in a cinema and it started without you having any foreknowledge of what it was about, it would be an utterly mesmerising experience... but does anyone here really think they could sit through it for two hours? The trailer seems to give almost everything away, reducing the concept down to a sketch show level, and there's simply nothing left to intrigue you.

Ja'moke

Apparently the running time is only 80 minutes, but even that seems too long. As you say, the concept doesn't appear have much mileage (especially on one tyre!).

Funcrusher

I saw 'Archipelago' on Friday and was impressed. It builds a character study of five people in a gradual, painterly, elliptical way, which does require a bit of patience, but it's worth the effort.

wheatgod

That tyre has more acting talent than the guy they've chosen to play Thor.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Jemble Fred on March 13, 2011, 12:36:01 PM
People have been heaping praise on that – and I can imagine if you were in a cinema and it started without you having any foreknowledge of what it was about, it would be an utterly mesmerising experience... but does anyone here really think they could sit through it for two hours?

Yup, mainly because I have - it aired on an on-demand channel back in February in the US prior to it's cinema release, so can be found on various sites. It's actually even more 'meta' / 'post-modern' than the trailer suggests,
Spoiler alert
with sections revolving around an audience watching the events of the film, and some of the actors being aware that they're making a film whilst others aren't,
[close]
and it's all very absurd. But entertaining at the same time. I could understand why some would hate this with a passion, but I really enjoyed it.

QuoteThe trailer seems to give almost everything away, reducing the concept down to a sketch show level, and there's simply nothing left to intrigue you.

I know it looks like that, but unlike some of the other, erm, 'evil object horror films' like The Refrigerator, this really isn't what it looks like, and is a lot more complex.

copylight

This looks like it could be rather good, a bit polished, mind...

QuoteJonas Elrod was leading an ordinary life until he woke up one day to a totally new reality. He suddenly could see and hear angels, demons, auras and ghosts.

The documentary movie WAKE UP follows this fascinating story of an average guy who inexplicably developed the ability to access other dimensions. Physicians gave him a clean bill of health and were unable to provide an explanation. What was it? Why was it happening to him? One thing was certain for this 36-year old man – life as he had known it would never be the same.

Wake Up Trailer 2010 HD

Mister Six

QuoteThe documentary movie WAKE UP follows this fascinating story of an average guy who inexplicably developed the ability to access other dimensions. Physicians gave him a clean bill of health and were unable to provide an explanation. What was it? Why was it happening to him?

Schizophrenia?

Old Nehamkin

No one mentioned attack the block?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0gm7dHKKc

First film by Joe Cornish, it just premiered at SXSW and it seems to be going down a storm. Cannot wait for this.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on March 16, 2011, 03:54:45 PM
No one mentioned attack the block?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0gm7dHKKc

First film by Joe Cornish, it just premiered at SXSW and it seems to be going down a storm. Cannot wait for this.

Most of the reviews are positive but The Guardian had mixed feelings: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/mar/13/attack-the-block-sxsw-review

I'm still planning on it seeing it though.

That trailer for Attack the Block did a good job of enticing me but I feel as if I've already seen most of the best bits. I also didn't like the loud and very obvious Wilhelm Door at the end. But yes, I look forward.

phantom_power

Quote from: clingfilm portent on March 16, 2011, 04:27:37 PM
That trailer for Attack the Block did a good job of enticing me but I feel as if I've already seen most of the best bits. I also didn't like the loud and very obvious Wilhelm Door at the end. But yes, I look forward.

i got the opposite. i didn't think the trailer showed me anything other than the tone(s) the film was going for. the reviews are so good that i can ignore the guardian one, and they are from places like variety, not just fanboy wankshops like aicn

Old Nehamkin

Oh yeah, source code is another one that just premiered at sxsw and is getting really good reviews. They've put up the first 5 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6DljDwkzvY

Very glad to hear this is good, wasn't sure from the trailers but from what I gather there's a lot more to it than suggested by the way it's been promoted.

SavageHedgehog

Arthur
I hate to admit this, but it doesn't look too bad. Not especially good either, but not bad. Better than the trailer for that one where he's the easter bunny anyway. I don't often say this but I hope they've kept it PG-13 and have resisted the easy temptation for lowest common denominator crudeness Get Him to the Greek (and other, non-Brand type comedies) went for.

Ja'moke

I also think Arthur looks alright based on that trailer, certainly doesn't appear to be the disaster many anticipated.

Has anyone posted the trailer for J.J Abrams' Super 8?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiJ0Ksg5FDE

Cloverfield with kids. No, in fairness, it does actually look quite good.

surreal

Trailer for Lars vin Trier's new movie "Melancholia"

It's a sci-fi disaster movie (no, really) with Kiefer Sutherland, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and a naked Kirsten Dunst:

(possibly NSFW trailer due to Dunst boobage)

Melancholia Trailer

Old Nehamkin

So.....

Johnny English Reborn - First Trailer

I'm not ashamed to admit I laughed a few times, though it's just generally nice to see Atkinson performing in anything, really.

Ja'moke

This looks so bad, but watch carefully, it features "Academy Award Winner" Mickey Rourke:

Passion Play (Trailer)

Jemble Fred

Rhys Ifans and Bill Murray doing evil! Shame about the Megan Fox doll.