Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

most wanted 2011

Started by loveable bobbi bundles, December 31, 2010, 05:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Uncharted 3.

The first two are some of the best jumpy/shooty action around. Bring on the Drake!

Famous Mortimer

Max Payne 3, I guess, although what little I've read about it makes it sound completely unlike the first two games (in fact, it looks a bit like deleted scenes from Resident Evil 5), isn't being made by the same company, etc.

Slaaaaabs

Zetetic

Deus Ex 3, which looks likely to be good, but not so good that I won't manage to feel disappointed.

uglybob1986

Not long until Portal 2! And Elder Scrolls V, if it isn't delayed

Consignia

Anything that's not a sequel?

Red Dead Redemption on PC would be nice, not sure what's taking the fucking cunts so long - perhaps just trying to ensure it's not a total shit sandwich like GTA4?

Half Life 2: Episode 3? That's the new Duke Nukem Forever isn't it?

Oh yeah, and Duke Nukem Forever.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Jim Jarmusch

Quote from: Consignia on December 31, 2010, 07:03:29 PM
Anything that's not a sequel?

The Last Guardian, Team ICO studio. Rockstar's LA. Noire has a 2011 release date.

A lot of first party PS3 sequels. Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Socom 4, Motorstorm something.... the list goes on.

Multiplatform. Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Dead Space 2.

If I could only own one the first day it comes out it would probably be LBP2.

Out of all of them only four are confirmed to have 3D which is a shame. Sony will politely ask Naughty Dog to include it in Uncharted 3 making a fifth.

Queneau

Is LA Noire out next year? That's the only game I've been interested in for ages.

Mister Six

What, no love for Dragon Age 2? In that case: Dragon Age 2.

'Untitled Franchise Character Project X' from Nintendo, on Wii.

Is XCOM out in 2011? I'm actually looking forward to that. I was a big fan of Rebelstar and X-Com back in the day, but I'm finding that I don't have the patience to have to think too much when I'm playing games these days so an X-Com-inspired FPS suits me perfectly.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: The Region Legion on December 31, 2010, 07:24:14 PM
Half Life 2: Episode 3? That's the new Duke Nukem Forever isn't it?
If anything it's worse, as it's only one third of a game. What could possibly be taking them so long.

Perhaps they're messing with us and Portal 2 will actually turn out to be Episode 3. I'm not holding my breath though.

surreal

Quote from: Jim Jarmusch on December 31, 2010, 07:40:16 PM
The Last Guardian, Team ICO studio.

This.

Although you know it will only lead to heartbreak as you can guarantee that sometime in the game either the kid's gonna die or that big bird thing is...

Very much looking forward to the HD re-release of Ico and Shadow of the Collossus - have played neither but have seen Ico and heard only great things about SotC.

Knowing Valve's previous form, Ep3 will end up turning into Half-Life 3 possibly with links in to Portal 2.

Little Hoover

Yeah I can only assume after this amount of time episode 3 is essentially going to be almost a full game, with quite a re-tooled engine, since using the same tech at this point will make it seem a bit dated. A ridiculous plan though, just because after all this time, I don't quite have the same investment in the story that I did before.
Kind of makes a mockery out of their whole episodic gaming idea. After all this wait and hype it's going to have to be utterly incredible to justify the wait.

As excited as I am about Portal 2, I wanted episode 3 first you idiots.

Big Jack McBastard

Perhaps they're knocking up another Orange Box for our delectation. If they've any sense they are.

Only thing that comes to mind is the new Deus Ex and if Assassin's Creed 3/4 (or whatever) is sorted by then I'll be having that as well.

Oh and Skyrim obviously.

Famous Mortimer

I just wish they'd not said the episodic thing was to make the releasing thing quicker, then waited donkey's years. Come on you Valve fellas!

Quote from: Jim Jarmusch on December 31, 2010, 07:40:16 PM
The Last Guardian

Yes.

Quote from: surreal on January 03, 2011, 01:57:55 PMVery much looking forward to the HD re-release of Ico and Shadow of the Collossus

Yes and yes.

Journey, an apparent Ico/Flower/LBP hybrid, also looks right up my street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptuOWjYwSA

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/journey-interview-gttv-extended/708507

hpmons

Portal 2, definitely.

Age of Decadence also...Wasn't fussed on the combat demo, but there have been lots of little preview bits which look/sound cool.  CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES!

Marv Orange

Witcher 2, Fable 3, and some game where you build stuff oh and that game where you can travel around an area freely oh and and that game where you shoot things and you are positioned behind a gun.

Why aren't there more god simulators bah.

Singstar Beatbox would be good.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth