Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Orleans photos

Started by Pinball, May 22, 2004, 12:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Here's some pics from my recent US trip (as in two days ago). It's my first digital camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-T1) and first attempt at this digital photo & upload malarkey, so be gentle ;-)

I've got about 70 more "street scenes"...
Edit: bloody hell, these are large.

mr rou-rou

what are you using to compress your images? they look a bit glitchy/pixelated?

Can I be the first to point out that New Orleans is a shithole, no matter how these pictures look? A backwards shithole.

Bogey

New Orleans is not a shithole.
It is very cool, and you can get some good Jambalaya.
Gumbo.

Pinball

Quote from: "DevlinC"Can I be the first to point out that New Orleans is a shithole, no matter how these pictures look? A backwards shithole.
Are you kidding? I suspect you are ;-)  It's a great place! I was there for a week and did a lot of exploring, and found the people there polite, laid back and cool, and frankly of a higher calibre than some of the badly behaved scum in this country. Culturally New Orleans is very rich compared with most parts of the US, and the French Quarter (where the Mardi Gras is held) is superb. And as for shopping, well it goes without saying that is far superior to the UK. Tesco it is not.

As for business, they're in a different league. My company had a meeting in the New Orleans convention centre, and get this - the centre is one mile long, plus half a mile of shopping mall before you enter the place. It's currently the third biggest in the US, and is being extended when it will then be the world's largest. I reckon you could fit 20 NECs inside it.

So, is New Orleans a shithole? Clearly not.

El Unicornio, mang

Nice pics Pinball. From what I've heard New Orleans is a really great place to visit, but if you stay there too long you start to feel a bit dirty, due to the seedy side of the place which bubbles under the surface.
Mardi Gras is one to avoid too, from what I've seen it's just a load of drunken frat boys punching people.