Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No Logo

Started by Neil, January 06, 2011, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I really need to get some logos sorted for my Comedy Chat podcast, and the @ComedyChat twitter too.  Could anyone help, please?  Would be lovely to get a few designs.  The itunes icon seems to be 170X170, and I guess that would scale down for the Twitter. 

Possibly with "CaB" in it, in a corner or something, and then saying Comedy Chat.  Or "Cook'd and Bomb'd" if it can fit in, in smaller text.  Maybe a simple graphic to go along with it.  A sort of silhouette of someone scratching their head, trying to work it out?

Or, y'know, anything else.  I have nothing now, and it's really picking up downloads, and I want to focus more on it.  Would really appreciate any help.

Cerys

I'll see what I can do if I get the chance.

Search over, lock the thread. Send the BAFTA in the post.

Neil

Hehee.  Thanks Cerys!  Maybe I should just have a go myself.  I had no idea, but sort of saw one when I wrote that, and can see it a bit clearer now.  Outlined figure off to the left, Comedy Chat kind of right justified, nice light blue background.  I don't doubt that the talent on here could come up with better, though.

Cerys

I agree.  You'll need to resize it, though.

Still Not George

I've put a bit of work into mine, Neil. It was difficult getting it all to fit into 170x170, but I think I've done an OK job.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/584809/Cab_CCLogo.jpg

See, I can do art too!

Neil

Lovely! :-)  More please.

Harpo Speaks

It should be a frog being systematically dissected.

Neil

YES!  You're right.  Or having a Monty Python style boot coming down on it.  Or it being stretched to all four corners of the icon by tugging hands.

Dead kate moss

I knocked these up if they are of any use. I'm sure I or someone could come up with something much better, but have em anyway.

copylight

Queneau

Whatever it is it should include that lovely gypsy lady. Sadly I couldn't find the image anywhere.

Dead kate moss

I liked the frog-dissecting idea, and the recent quote I read here, so

Zero Gravitas

I like that one.

Either that or Shipman get my vote.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Queneau on January 07, 2011, 01:20:13 AM
Whatever it is it should include that lovely gypsy lady. Sadly I couldn't find the image anywhere.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/mm21_bucket/gypsy.jpg

I'm very colour blind so I'm terrible at this kind of thing

Neil

Quote from: Dead kate moss on January 07, 2011, 02:08:03 AM
I liked the frog-dissecting idea, and the recent quote I read here, so

Lovely!  Really liked the other batch you did too, especially that middle one.  I reckon I'll go with this one for now.  Thank you very much.

Did you keep the PSD file?  If we could get a bit closer to the quote itself, that would be wonderful.  Certainly, "joke" could do with being swapped for humour, or comedy.  Squidy's quote is: "Analysing comedy is like dissecting a frog - really bloody interesting if you like frogs."   Would that fit?  Sorry to be so fussy!  Really appreciate the help and effort.

Dead kate moss

Glad you like it - yes, I can fiddle about with it no problem. Thought about swapping 'joke' for 'comedy' myself... so I'll replace with the exact quote, which I couldn't locate last night. Expect it a bit later.

jutl

Neil

Ooh that's lovely, jutl, thank you.  Might use that one for the Twitter. Yes, I think I will!

Thanks again, Dead kate moss.

buntyman

Jutl's font and colours combined with DKM's concept might be a winner.

Neil

I think you're absolutely right, I prefer that solid, blue background, and the header and footer is really smart.  I guess it should also be @cookdandbombd and @ComedyChat to promote the Twitters.

jutl

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2011, 11:19:46 AM
I think you're absolutely right, I prefer that solid, blue background, and the header and footer is really smart.  I guess it should also be @cookdandbombd and @ComedyChat to promote the Twitters.

PSD of the image
The font

jutl

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2011, 11:41:36 AM

NP :-)

edit to add: Oh, and on your twitter spiel for @neilbombd, do you mean to be a plural 'goy'?

Cerys

Yay!  Off the hook!

Neil

Quote from: jutl on January 07, 2011, 11:43:41 AM
NP :-)

edit to add: Oh, and on your twitter spiel for @neilbombd, do you mean to be a plural 'goy'?

It was goy, but I changed it recently.  I didn't actually realise it was plural, I thought they were interchangeable.  Ta.

Little Hoover

Quote from: Queneau on January 07, 2011, 01:20:13 AM

Dead kate moss