Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Modern Art (Photoshoppery)

Started by Big Jack McBastard, January 07, 2011, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

So here's the idea: Take a famous (or not so famous) painting and stick a modern lilt on it.

Saucer51, somewhat recently, posted this:

In Familiar faces in old art

To which I said:
I so badly want to shop a tracksuit onto him, stick a mobile in his hand and a fag in his mouth, a pram by the girls, Greggs pastie, scrunchies, rings, a pitbull where the apples are and so on..

I've yet to reinstall Photoshop though so here I sit with a potentially good HS thread on my hands only to be hobbled by drunken, stoney laziness. I may yet rally but it's an outside bet.

Took a while but I finally got my finger out.

Anyone joining in?

Cerys

Big Jack McBastard

Ta, the brickwork was a pain in the arse.

Edit: Gah I forgot the pram!

AsparagusTrevor

Bloody nora! Talk about setting the bar high!

ziggy starbucks

I can't approach the excellence of jack's photoshop[nb]Love the work you did on the bench[/nb] but the only thing I can think of is an updated Michaelangelo 21st century relationship between man and god[nb]If Michaelangelo used speech bubbles - which he should have done[nb]Especially on his statues[/nb][/nb]

Ginyard

Sometimes somebody does something on here that goes the extra mile, producing a work at once beautiful and comic, classic and contemporary, however long this took, it was well worth the effort, Ginyard.

Ronnie the Raincoat

I did this ages ago, can't find the non-shite quality original.

AsparagusTrevor

Can't be arsed to make any new ones at the moment, but I made these ones for a similar thread early last year, can't remember what it was called though. I think they fit the theme of this thread too.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 09, 2011, 03:13:07 AM
Can't be arsed to make any new ones at the moment, but I made these ones for a similar thread early last year, can't remember what it was called though. I think they fit the theme of this thread too.

I was trying to find the previous thread, as there was one particular picture that was added in there which  I thought was fucking brilliant.  It was basically a Constable painting (probably 'The Haywain') with an Asda's in the background.  Can't for the life of me remember what the previous thread was called though.   Ho-hum.

EDIT 1:  Found it......it was one of Sproggy's:

and here's the previous thread, which contains some absolute belters.

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=22442.0

EDIT 2:  Yeah, what Ziggy said below