Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

You Don't Know Jack (2010)

Started by El Unicornio, mang, January 11, 2011, 01:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Al Pacino won the Emmy for his portrayal of "Doctor Death", Jack Kevorkian, in this made-for-HBO movie, and deservedly so. The film itself is quite long, but never feels it, as Pacino keeps his character interesting, funny and mysterious enough to keep us watching. John Goodman also puts in a good performance as his long-time assistant. It's firmly on the side of Kevorkian, generally portraying the other side as religious right-wing nutjobs, but as it's seen through th eyes of Jack this is kind of understandable. All in all a very well made, beautifully acted and intelligently written film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSv0U94kiZ4

vrailaine

Wouldn't have heard of this one otherwise, looks solid, getting it now. Thanks!

Ja'moke

This is on Sky Atlantic at 9pm tonight!

thugler

I thought it was great, really unexpected return to form for Pacino. He's so different in this to all these loud mouth wankers he's played in the last decade or so. Also, while it is mainly on the side of kervorkian there are some parts which question him a bit and show how bleak and dodgy the whole procedure seemed at first. The scene early on where jack wants to resort to some pretty unpleasant measures is so dark