Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Techy: Wi-Fi Jukebox

Started by Divnee Gan, May 23, 2004, 02:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divnee Gan

OK. I live in an Army barracks. Myself and four/five of my mates have a wireless network set up, mainly for gaming, the odd file transfer etc. (especially all those rag-head abuse photos (JOKE!).
I am able to play music from my friends pc over the network, but unfortunately there's only the two of us on the network that are computer literate. I would like to create a kind of virtual jukebox, where I could install it on everyones pc and everyone could designate a music folder on their machine, the result would be a big virtual jukebox, with the emphasis on user friendliness.

I would have tried Google but wasn't sure what to search for.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

fanny splendid

Divnee Gan

Cheers fanny. will try it out.

glitch

Try the magazines "Stuff" or "G3" - they're full of gadgets like this. There's specific products catering for this market now - mp3 player hi-fi separates, shared hard drives "media centers" to fix to your TV etc, all wireless linked.

Or, if you're computer literate, attach a wifi card and huge hard drive to an old PC and throw all the mp3s in one folder on there. Network map that folder to everyone elses computer and hey presto :)