Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:01:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

world's worst waxworks

Started by weaseldust, January 18, 2011, 02:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Alright, I'm drawing a complete blank with this one. Most of the rest I could get on context, but I can't think of a single cricketer this even slightly resembles. And the way he's lit is freaking me the fuck out.

Jemble Fred

Basil Fawlty, isn't it? Ian Botham with half his beard fallen off at a push.

Dead kate moss

Could be Des O'Connor.

Who is that standing behind Frank Bruno/Robert Mugabe/Eddie Murphy/Nelson Mandela?

Subtle Mocking

Famous Mortimer

Going with the sports context and the era, maybe Barry McGuigan? Or Kevin Keegan?

I think it's meant to be a bloke I used to work with called Nathaniel.

BlodwynPig

They all look pretty lifelike to me, but I haven't been outside for 16 years and only have some old VHS tapes from 1989 for company,

BlodwynPig

small_world

On the boards in that picture...
Sir Francis Chichester.
Even Wikipedia doesn't have a picture of him.[nb]Oooh, there's an idea...[/nb]

Quote from: small_world on January 18, 2011, 01:00:29 PM
On the boards in that picture...
Sir Francis Chichester.

I knew 'Frank Bruno' was just a stage name!

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: koeman on January 18, 2011, 12:40:32 PM
That takes me back to childhood Saturday teatimes, watching my grandmother's slightly wonky telly.

I'd like to see that Rene waxwork in every photo in history that needs someone reacting like that.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on January 18, 2011, 01:05:57 PM
I'd like to see that Rene waxwork in every photo in history that needs someone reacting like that.
I smell a monging competition coming on.

Phil_A

It just occured to me they could probably pass the Davidson/Floyd off as Matt Smith these days, what with the bowtie and all. Just give him a tweed jacket and you're away.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Phil_A on January 18, 2011, 01:10:16 PM

It just occured to me they could probably pass the Davidson/Floyd off as Matt Smith these days, what with the bowtie and all. Just give him a tweed jacket and you're away.

Rene Artois, Jim Davidson, Noel Edmonds and Des O'Connor. Not sure who that big pink bloke in the background is though.

biggytitbo

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 18, 2011, 01:07:09 PM
I smell a monging competition coming on.

I've still got a lot to learn about the art of monging, but there's something for encouragement anyways.

Doomy Dwyer

Quote from: Dead kate moss on January 18, 2011, 12:49:09 PM

He's never going to pot anything wearing those gloves. What's going on with those gloves anyway? Even the boxing gloves don't look like boxing gloves. They've got carbuncles.

sirhenry

Quote from: Dead kate moss on January 18, 2011, 12:49:09 PM
Who is that standing behind Frank Bruno/Robert Mugabe/Eddie Murphy/Nelson Mandela?
Steve Howe from the original Stinkfoot production:

Dead kate moss

Quote from: Lfbarfe on January 18, 2011, 12:45:27 PM

There are a few things really funny about this, including the aforementioned 'Kojak,' and the rest of the inconsistency as to when to use the character or actors name, or put one in brackets, or say 'of.'

007 James Bond. (non-specific, but we've got a couple*)

Shouldn't Tussauds have an apostrophe?

MR BLOBBY. Fuck it, stick Morph and the Honey Monster in their too.

Why does Prince William appear to be in a smaller font?

Sir Francis Chichester! At the end, not stuffed in the middle (if at all) but the final one!

*I'm assuming that was supposed to be Roger Moore next to 'Sean Connery'

Lfbarfe

When I was taking that picture (nearly 3 years ago - maybe they've updated it now to include Mr C from the Shamen, Gordon 'Chris Barrie off Spitting Images' Brittas and Melanie 'Generation Game with Jim Davidson[nb]NOT CANON[/nb]' Stace), I was struggling to keep the camera steady from laughing. It is beautiful, and yes, the inconsistency of actor/role is the thing that makes it. I think we should have a Great Yarmouth meet and go there. It's just around the corner from a Wetherspoon's. Incidentally, I haven't been inside since I was about 16. Does it still have the collection of What the Butler Saw machines?

Duckula

Thanks to this thread for making me cry actual tears laughing on a dreary Tuesday afternoon.

BlodwynPig

Ronnie the Raincoat

Dead kate moss

More from Louis

Travolta and... Jeffrey Archer? Anyone? edit - its Bob Hope

????????

Jonathan Ross/Humphrey Bogart?

dr_christian_troy

Lfbarfe

??????? = Stephen Mangan and Howard Marks. Prob'ly.

buntyman

dr_christian_troy you've killed me

Ben

Quote from: Dead kate moss on January 18, 2011, 01:55:37 PM
More from Louis

????????

The mutant on the left is reminiscent of Kevin Keegan after a nuclear meltdown. The other one also looks like a 70's footballer, perhaps frank worthington at a guess