Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:30:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who Series 6

Started by biggytitbo, January 20, 2011, 04:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Same reason that the Star Wars story became worth jack shit once it was revealed that Luke Skywalker was part of the imperial family, rather than just a farmboy who made good. 

The Duck Man

Guess who's back! Guest star...
Spoiler alert

Don't mind that actually, their episode was good. And links up with a bit we saw in the trailer.

biggytitbo

Quote from: The Duck Man on February 25, 2011, 08:05:51 PM
Guess who's back! Guest star...
Spoiler alert

Don't mind that actually, their episode was good. And links up with a bit we saw in the trailer.
Presumably it'll revolve around the inresolved plot point about someone growing a new tardis in their flat?

biggytitbo

papalaz4444244

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 25, 2011, 10:57:08 PM
Presumably it'll revolve around the inresolved plot point about someone growing a new tardis in their flat?
I've suspected this since seeing that TARDIS set in the series 6 trailer.

mycroft

'A Crack in Time' was one of 'City of Death's working titles, an' all.

eluc55

So when does this new series start? I haven't got all bloody week.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: eluc55 on March 02, 2011, 10:22:57 AM
So when does this new series start? I haven't got all bloody week.

Um, April? I have no idea whether that's true or not, but your urgency startled me into a kneejerk response[nb]I think it actually is back in April; it's always back at this time of year, as I'm sure you know[/nb].

Tokyo Sexwhale

According to imdb - the first episode is on April 23rd, and the second on April 24th!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/episodes#season-6

papalaz4444244

imdb is notoriously unreliable.

Saturday and Sunday on a very very late Easter weekend? I have my doubts.

Serge

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 02, 2011, 05:06:49 PMWhat a flimsy great excuse to get Karen in a school uniform.

They've already done it in the cartoon in 'Doctor Who Magazine'.....

mycroft

Really? Blimey, that would have been the one thing that'd have got me reading again...

biggytitbo

That double bill rumour is going round, but with only 7 episodes i doubt they'd want to rish through them too quickly.

Sivead

Look's like the
Spoiler alert
Cybermen
[close]
are back in the
Spoiler alert
James Corden
[close]
episode.
Someone filming a scene being filmed with what looks to be a
Spoiler alert
Cybermat!
[close]

papalaz4444244

papalaz4444244

Only spoilery if you've actually avoided even the general ideas of the next season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/09/doctor-who-premiere-date/

Bingo Fury

Quote from: papalaz4444244 on March 08, 2011, 11:48:35 PM
hmmm... odd design....

I didn't even notice the object he was holding was a
Spoiler alert
Cybermat
[close]
until it was pointed out. I was too busy gawping at Matt's jacket.

Talulah, really!

Take it we all know about the dull sketches that lure us in to watching hours of toss special episodes in next Friday's Comic Relief night?

Two apparently, one called "Space" and one called "Time" in which Amy apparently meets a version of herself from the future, flirts with herself and then together with herself goes off to a venusian lesbian bar, to be scheduled anytime between 9pm and 5am next morning, so watch out for that.[nb]The "Space" one has Rory trying to pack for a holiday but his suitcase is too full until the Doctor helps with hilarious resul-, like anybody cares, MAD KAZZA IN LEZZA SHOCKA.[/nb]

Jemble Fred

Fucking hell. It's not Children In Need, why are they sticking Dr Who in there? I'd sooner have another laugh-free Red Dwarf special. If they're going to have Dr Who on Comic Relief, he should be played by Rowan Atkinson.

biggytitbo

You forgot to mention how shit Jekyll was Jem!

Jemble Fred

What? Why would I? What's that got to do with the homogenisation of Comic Relief?

mycroft

Ah well, at least we know there'll be something good to watch on the Friday YouTube on Saturday morning.

biggytitbo

papalaz4444244

DWM contains a reasonable article celebrating 40 years of the Master and a nice couple of pages about series 3 (65-66) with some great pictures.

You'd never know it from the fucking shite TV Quick style cover though.

mycroft

Norton Canes

Nice Cybermat (Cybermatt! Heh!), but I want to know when we're going to get the properly scary, spare parts style Cybermen that Steven Moffat promised us a couple of years ago, rather than the tin man RTD versions again. 

VegaLA

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 11, 2011, 10:38:19 AM
Nice Cybermat (Cybermatt! Heh!), but I want to know when we're going to get the properly scary, spare parts style Cybermen that Steven Moffat promised us a couple of years ago, rather than the tin man RTD versions again.

YES! I'm all for that. RTDs fake cybermen should be closed away in that parallel universe gubbins.