Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:28:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Senser (anyone remember them)

Started by chumfatty, May 24, 2004, 09:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chumfatty

If you bought 'Stacked Up' in the mid nineties you may agree that this was a band with great potential, who lost their way when key members left and they kind of went  'electronic'.

Well now they've reformed to the original line up and have a new album coming out tomorrow (25th May) The single from which can be downloaded free from http://www.senser.co.uk

I also saw them at the Birmingham Academy last week, unfortunately the girly singer couldn't make it and a rather attractive young filly by the name of Soot T filled in. The gig was blinding with old favorites such as 'Age of Panic' and 'Eject' stealing the night.

Anyone else into senser out there.

Almost Yearly

Yup. Had the first EP, with the Poll Tax song and the better version of Eject on, and then saw them in a tent in Pilton at the end of a village fete. This would be late 1992 I think. Most odd: Michael Eavis was there, hanging about amongst the dismantled coconut shies, and there were about five bands on in the beer tent, including that one from the channel 4 "band trying to get famous" series years ago. Ozric Tentacles headlined, but Senser absolutely blew them away, tent billowing with the bass, as John Egan very graciously admitted before the Ozrics even got started. "Um, wow, now we're just gonna do our usual widdly thing," he said. I saw Senser again in Holland just before Mouthy Geezer left, and they were still awesome, dude. Did a great Public Enemy cover. I for one will be most interesed in this new album. From what I heard about the personalities involved they won't last long again, but there sure is plenty to rant on about these days.

Unfortunately, that download won't work for me.

fanny splendid

Almost Yearly

Thanks fanny. Well that was e v v y wasn't it. Not sure if it feels as special as they did at first, but that was then. I'll buy it for a dollar. Benefit of the doubt.

boki

Oh hell yeah, this is as good as the 'Stacked Up' stuff.  Well crunchy.  I see the buggers are playing Leicester on Wednesday - they'd better not go on early 'cos I won't be able to get there until after 9.

mr rou-rou

no way, my past is reforming and coming after me, Elvis is still dead though?

Thanks for the flashback, I mean announcement...

I saw them I Manchester mid 90's and it were a grand night out.

Almost Yearly

Yeah, just listened to the other snippits on their site up there. Defo wurf it y'all, to utilise the young man's vernacular.

Edit: Add to basket, proceed to checkout. This interweb's too easy. It'd better be good.

chumfatty

Quote from: "boki"- they'd better not go on early 'cos I won't be able to get there until after 9.

Don't worry, I saw them at  the Bar Academy in Brum, they didn't start until about 10 ish  and did an hour and fifthteenish minutes. The were fantastic in such a cosy small pub venue enviroment.

Enjoy (getting album tomorrow :) )

boki

Damn fine gig last night in Lestoh.  They'd already sold out  of the copies of the new album that they'd taken out on tour with 'em, so I ended up buying 'Asylum' to bring myself a bit more up to date.  Ought to go give it a listen now...

Almost Yearly

Well SCHEMAtic is okay, but not a patch on Stacked Up I'm afraid. Far less depth in terms of styles - it's just heads down chugga chugga really. Not quite as energy-charged and sparkling a production as SU either, which just ain't good enough considering the years elapsed, technology-wise. The best three tracks are the ones sampled on their site, of course.

Disappointing, but I'll give it some more time ...

Almost Yearly

Well that^ was bollocks, predictably.

It's actually a very good album. It's just that the producer is credited as a band member, and therefore there was nobody far enough from the work to PUT the BLOODY TRACKS in the RIGHT ORDER. I don't know if you're a virus for hire operating on behalf of the band, chumfatty, but if you are, please pass on the following correct running order for any future re-pressing ;-) I have lovingly distilled it by trying to record the album for friends about six times. It's much, much better than the running order provided. Tell them Silent By was never an opener, the silly fools. I suppose they nearly got it right, look :

2) 101 Infoburner
6) Return To Zombie Island
3) Bulletproof
4) Formula Milk
11) The Brunt
5) Crucible
7) An Astounding Spectacle
8) Photographed Files
9) Bomb Factories
1) Silent By
10) A Conscious War

Cuh, if you want something doing ...

king mob

Reforming?

Bloody hell, i remember them playing with Back To the Planet at the Bierkellr in Bristol around 93ish & being totally fantastic unlike BTTP who were just crusty shite.

Uncle_Z

Saw them at Staffs Uni in about 1994.  Which makes me old.  Bugger.Great gig.  Lots of slamming and diving (well, more of me helping to catch divers really) plus a pull with my first ever aggressive pierced up goth chick.  Ahhh, happier times.

Fun-Da-Mental were supposed to support but they piked out at the last second.  Wusses.

chumfatty

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"

. I don't know if you're a virus for hire operating on behalf of the band, chumfatty, but if you are, please pass on the following correct running order for any future re-pressing ;-) I have lovingly distilled it by trying to record the album for friends about six times. It's much, much better than the running order provided. Tell them Silent By was never an opener, the silly fools. I suppose they nearly got it right, look :

2) 101 Infoburner
6) Return To Zombie Island
3) Bulletproof
4) Formula Milk
11) The Brunt
5) Crucible
7) An Astounding Spectacle
8) Photographed Files
9) Bomb Factories
1) Silent By
10) A Conscious War

Cuh, if you want something doing ...

Sorry, I have no connection with the band, just spreading the love.......................

Peking O

Quote from: "king mob"Back To the Planet.

Heh, that name brings back some funny memories. I was interning at a popular music magazine who decided to put them on their cover one week. If I have my chronology right, this was around the same time the band decided to release a single called "Teenage Turtles." Unfortunately for the band, record company and music paper, the lyrics to "Teenage Turtles" proposed that a cartoon/comicbook was to blame for all of societies ills. This not only alienated their old audience (The Great Unwashed. The type who were of an anti-hunt saboteur bent. You know, that lot) but also their new crowd (who, as anyone in their right mind would, thought the song to be completely absurd). BTTP were swiftly dropped from their label, the magazine enjoyed a very quiet week at the newsstands and we all promptly forgot about it. I seem to remember that the decision to put them on the cover was something along the lines of "she's (the female singer) quite fit for a crusty." Oh dear.

Almost Yearly

Nah, yeah, it's a really good album. Started to really come on by the tenth listen or so. I shan't bump again. Just charting the learning curve. Good album. Big boost to the live set.

glitch

Walking home from work I saw a poster saying Senser are playing a free gig on Friday 11th June at The Eye in Stoke Newington as part of the "N16 Fringe Festival"